The FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Camera with 18-55mm Lens is a sleek and flexible mirrorless camera well-suited to walkaround use, with a large feature set. The FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Camera with 18-55mm Lens combines a portable form factor with the capabilities needed for everyday content creation, with strong photo and video features.
The APS-C-sized 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor in the X-S10 allows high-resolution stills shooting, DCI/UHD 4K video at 30 fps, ISO 160-12800, and mechanical shutter continuous shooting up to 8 fps. The sensor’s BSI design reduces noise and improves overall clarity, and it’s combined with the X-Processor 4 for quick performance and responsiveness. The sensor’s architecture also allows for a hybrid autofocus system, which combines 425 phase-detection points with a contrast-detection system for fast and precise AF. A sensor-shift image stabilization technology with 5 stops of effectiveness complements both stills and video, reducing the appearance of camera shake with practically any mounted lens.
The FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Camera with 18-55mm Lens includes a redesigned layout for seamless handling and shooting efficiency, with the most visible change being a transition from a traditional shutter speed dial to a mode dial for more general use. The FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Camera with 18-55mm Lens also has a brilliant 2.36 million-dot electronic viewfinder and a vari-angle rear 3.0″ 1.04 million-dot touchscreen LCD that can be used from high, low, or front-facing angles. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built-in allows for wireless remote camera operation and image sharing to a mobile device.
26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor and X-Processor 4
The APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, boasts a back-illuminated design for smooth tone and color rendering, better low-light performance, and a wide native sensitivity range of ISO 160-12800, which is featured in the FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Camera with 18-55mm Lens. It, too, uses a randomized pixel array like an X-Trans sensor, which delivers excellent image clarity and sharpness due to the lack of an optical low-pass filter. In comparison to traditional pixel patterns, the X-Trans design more closely resembles the organic nature of film to provide subtle colors and tonal transitions while eliminating moiré and aliasing.
An enhanced phase-detection focusing system with 425 selectable points that covers virtually the full sensor area and is also included in the sensor’s architecture. In a variety of illumination settings down to -6 EV, our AF technology provides faster, more accurate focusing. The X-Processor 4, has a quad-core CPU and delivers faster, more responsive performance throughout the camera system, including a full-resolution 8 fps shooting rate with the mechanical shutter, a 20 fps rate with an electronic shutter, or a 30 fps rate with an electronic shutter and a 1.25x crop, complements the imaging and focusing capabilities.
In-Body Image Stabilization
Built-in 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops. This system works in conjunction with most X Series lenses, including non-stabilized ones, and benefits from working with slower shutter speeds and when shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Additionally, 4-axis digital image stabilization can also be used during video recording to further aid in steadying footage, especially when recording handheld.
DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording
The FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Camera with 18-55mm Lens has a wide range of video capabilities, including internal DCI/UHD 4K recording at up to 30 frames per second and Full HD recording at up to 240 frames per second for extreme slow-motion playback. The X-Processor 4’s speed improves overall video performance by allowing quick read speeds when recording video and reducing rolling shutter distortion when filming moving subjects. A micro-HDMI connector allows for 10-bit 4:2:2 recording to an optional external recorder, and the camera includes a 3.5mm microphone jack for advanced audio recording.
FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Camera with 18-55mm Lens Body Design
- The High-resolution 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has a 0.62x magnification for bright and clear eye-level viewing.
- Vari-angle 3.0″ 1.04m-dot LCD has a touchscreen design for intuitive operation and playback, and the articulating design greatly benefits working from high and low shooting angles. This vari-angle design also means you can close the screen against the camera body, hiding it from view for distraction-free shooting.
- Despite the compact design, a large righthand grip enables solid and stable handling for comfortable all-day use.
- The top plate incorporates a series of physical controls, including a dedicated exposure mode dial and two additional top dials, for fast, intuitive control over camera and exposure settings.
- The rear joystick is available for intuitive selecting and switching of AF points as well as menu navigation and image playback.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allow for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device or using the device to remotely control the camera.
- Single SD memory card slot supports up to the UHS-I standard for fast and flexible file storage.
- Included NP-W126S battery provides approximately 325 frames per charge.
Film Simulation Modes
The FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Camera with 18-55mm Lens incorporates various Film Simulation modes that simulate the appearance and feel of some of FUJIFILM’s historic film types, drawing on the company’s extensive heritage in traditional film-based photography:
- Provia: The standard contrast and normal saturation color transparency film
- Velvia: High contrast, high color saturation, and vivid color transparency film
- Astia: Subdued contrast and color saturation with a look that is ideal for portraits
- Classic Chrome: Delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction, similar to a dated slide film
- Classic Neg: Muted contrast but vibrant colors with a vintage film feel
- PRO Neg: Available with both Hi and Std. contrast options, this mimics the punchy-but-natural feeling of their professional-grade color negative film
- Eterna: For a cinematic look, this provides a flat color, low saturation look well-suited to post-production color grading
- Eterna Bleach Bypass: Refines the standard Eterna look with a higher key, higher contrast feeling while maintaining the overall desaturated look
- Acros: Based on the popular B&W film, this monochrome mode has a distinct tonality and graininess and can be used along with
- Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter effects
- B&W: Straightforward and classic black and white effect with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter options
- Sepia: Everyone’s favorite old-timey look mimicking the popular alternative process
In addition to simulating specific film types, a Grain Effect mode is also available to replicate the look of old film photos with an organic textured appearance, which is especially noticeable when printing. Color Chrome and Color Chrome Blue effects are also available to deepen the color, tonal response, and gradation with higher saturation colors.
XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS Lens
FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Camera with 18-55mm Lens has a versatile zoom is included with the camera body and can be used in a variety of situations. With a 27-84mm equivalent focal length, the XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS lens easily covers wide-angle to telephoto viewpoints. In terms of design, the f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range assures both speed and compactness, with three aspherical and one extra-low dispersion element to battle aberrations. A linear autofocus motor ensures quick focusing, while an optical image stabilizer reduces the impacts of camera shake.
To explore more cameras and photography accessories visit our website retinapix.com