The FUJIFILM X-T4 Mirrorless Camera Body – Silver is a versatile mirrorless camera that integrates excellent stills and video capabilities with expanded workflow and assistive functions to meet the needs of multimedia image producers. The FUJIFILM X-T4 Mirrorless Camera Body – Silver is equipped with a 26.1MP APS-C-format X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor that supports high-resolution recording, as well as DCI/UHD 4K video at 60 frames per second, Full HD recording up to 240 frames per second, ISO 160-12800, and mechanical shutter continuous shooting up to 15 frames per second. The sensor’s BSI design reduces noise and improves overall clarity, and it’s combined with the X-Processor 4 for quick performance and responsiveness.
The sensor’s architecture also allows for a hybrid autofocus system, which combines 425 phase-detection points with a contrast-detection system for fast and precise AF. In addition, the FUJIFILM X-T4 Mirrorless Camera Body – Silver includes a 6.5 stop-effective sensor-shift image stabilization technology that reduces the appearance of camera shake with practically any mounted lens, complementing all elements of image production.
Aside from sensor and processing capabilities, FUJIFILM cameras are known for their physical design, and the FUJIFILM X-T4 Mirrorless Camera Body – Silver has been modified for better handling and shooting efficiency. When panning or tracking subjects, the huge, brilliant 3.69m-dot electronic viewfinder may be tuned to a 100 fps refresh rate for noticeable smoothness. The back 3.0″ 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD, on the other hand, now has a vari-angle design that allows it to be used from high, low and front-facing angles, or it may be closed against the body if only using the EVF. The X-T4 supports the upgraded, high-capacity NP-W235 battery, which gives around 600 shots per charge and has dual SD UHS-II memory card slots. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless remote camera control and image sharing to a mobile device.
26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor and X-Processor 4
The APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, boasts a back-illuminated design for smooth tonal rendering, increased low-light performance, and a wide native sensitivity range of ISO 160-12800, is at the heart of the FUJIFILM X-T4 Mirrorless Camera Body – Silver. It, too, uses a randomized pixel array like an X-Trans sensor, which delivers excellent image clarity and sharpness due to the lack of an optical low-pass filter. In comparison to traditional pixel patterns, the X-Trans design more closely resembles the organic nature of film to provide subtle colors and tonal transitions while eliminating moiré and aliasing.
An enhanced phase-detection focusing system with 425 selectable points that covers virtually the full sensor area and is also included in the sensor’s architecture. In a variety of illumination settings down to -6 EV, our AF technology provides faster, more accurate focusing. An updated X-Processor 4 with a quad-core CPU complements the imaging and focusing capabilities, delivering faster, more responsive performance throughout the camera system, including a full-resolution 15 fps shooting rate with the mechanical shutter, 20 fps with an electronic shutter, or 30 fps with an electronic shutter and a 1.25x crop.
In-Body Image Stabilization
The camera’s built-in 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization helps to reduce camera shake by up to 6.5 stops. This technology works with most X Series lenses, including non-stabilized ones, and provides advantages while shooting at slower shutter speeds or in challenging lighting circumstances. During video recording, 4-axis digital image stabilization can also be employed to help stabilize footage, especially when shooting handheld.
UHD and DCI 4K Video Recording
The X-video T4’s capabilities go beyond stills, with inbuilt DCI/UHD 4K recording at up to 60 frames per second and Full HD recording at up to 240 frames per second for extreme slow-motion playback. The X-Processor 4’s speed improves overall video performance by allowing quick read speeds when recording video and reducing rolling shutter distortion when filming moving subjects. A micro-HDMI connector also allows for 10-bit 4:2:2 recording to an external recorder.
The FUJIFILM X-T4 Mirrorless Camera Body – Silver has the F-Log gamma setting, which produces a flat image for use in advanced color grading applications during editing, in addition to the supporting 10-bit color depth. This increases the dynamic range of tough scenes, and image modifications such as highlight tone, shadow tone, color, and sharpness can be applied.
For more advanced audio options, the camera has a 3.5mm microphone jack and a 2.5mm remote port with supplied headphone adaptor.
FUJIFILM X-T4 Mirrorless Camera Body – Silver Design
- Bright, high-resolution 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder has a 0.75x magnification and the EVF’s refresh rate can be pushed to 100 fps to reduce lag for smoother panning and tracking movements.
- Vari-angle 3.0″ 1.62m-dot LCD has a touchscreen design for intuitive operation and playback, and the articulating design greatly benefits working from high and low shooting angles. This vari-angle design also means you can close the screen against the camera body, hiding it from view for distraction-free shooting.
- The top plate incorporates a series of locking dials and levers for fast, intuitive control over exposure settings, including dedicated shutter speed, ISO, and exposure compensation dials that offer direct settings adjustment, even when the camera is off. This exposure compensation dial also has a C position to afford an expanded +/- 5 EV range when working with the command dials.
- Front and rear command dials integrate a push function for easier use and settings selection.
- The rear joystick is available for intuitive selecting and switching of AF points as well as menu navigation and image playback.
- The redeveloped mechanical shutter has improved durability and is rated for 300,000 actuation.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allow for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device or using the device to remotely control the camera.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support up to the UHS-II standard for fast and flexible file storage.
- Included NP-W235 battery provides approximately 600 frames per charge when working with the EVF.
Film Simulation Modes
Taking advantage of FUJIFILM’s vast history in traditional film-based photography, the FUJIFILM X-T4 Mirrorless Camera Body – Silver integrates several Film Simulation modes, which mimic the look and feel of some of FUJIFILM’s classic film types:
- Provia: The standard contrast and normal saturation color transparency film
- Velvia: High contrast, high color saturation, and vivid color transparency film
- Astia: Subdued contrast and color saturation with a look that is ideal for portraits
- Classic Chrome: Delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction, similar to a dated slide film
- Classic Neg: Muted contrast but vibrant colors with a vintage film feel
- PRO Neg—Available with both Hi and Std. contrast options, this mimics the punchy-but-natural feeling of their professional-grade color negative film
- Eterna: For a cinematic look, this provides a flat color, low saturation look well-suited to post-production color grading
- Eterna Bleach Bypass: Refines the standard Eterna look with a higher key, higher contrast feeling while maintaining the overall desaturated look
- Acros: Based on the popular B&W film, this monochrome mode has a distinct tonality and graininess and can be used along with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter effects
- B&W: Straightforward and classic black and white effect with Yellow, Red, and Green contrast filter options
- Sepia: Everyone’s favorite old-timey look mimicking the popular alternative process
A Grain Effect setting is also available to imitate the look of antique film images with an organic textured appearance, which is notably noticeable when printing, in addition to simulating specific film types. Color Chrome and Color Chrome Blue effects are also available to enhance color saturation, tonal response, and gradation.
To explore more cameras and photography accessories online visit our website retinapix.com