Multimedia Content Creation
The compact and portable Canon EOS R100 Mirrorless Camera is designed for contemporary content creators and offers a variety of features to suit a range of multimedia applications. With an APS-C-sized 24.1MP CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 8 processor, the camera has excellent still-image capabilities. It also offers 4K 24p cropped video recording.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Processor
The APS-C-sized 24.2MP CMOS sensor, which strikes a delicate balance between resolution, file size, speed, and low-light performance, is well suited for general photography tasks as well as cropped UHD 4K and uncropped Full HD video recording. With a native sensitivity range of ISO 100–12800, the R100 camera supports working in challenging lighting conditions while producing images with noteworthy clarity and dynamic range. As a result of the sensor and image processor, the camera system operates quickly and can shoot continuously at up to 6.5 frames per second.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
The Dual Pixel CMOS AF system supports both automatic subject detection and Eye Detection AF and has 3975 autofocus points spread across 143 autofocus zones for precise accuracy throughout the entire image plane. This Dual Pixel CMOS AF system allows you to achieve precise focus with every shot because it was built for speed and accuracy.
Both wired and wireless connectivity options enable a variety of photo and video transfer methods as well as remote camera control. In order to facilitate video recording, the camera has a 3.5mm microphone port, a micro-HDMI port, and a USB-C port. Using the free Canon Camera Connect app, Bluetooth pairing enables wireless connection of the camera to compatible smart devices. Additionally, it transmits GPS location information from your phone so you can pinpoint exactly where the picture was taken. Additionally, you can transfer files to your compatible mobile device using the built-in Wi-Fi to browse and post on social media.
- Large 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD screen provides an intuitive method for navigating menus and reviewing imagery.
- Bright, clear 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder is featured for high-resolution eye-level viewing.
- Single SD memory card slot to support 4K video recording and high-speed continuous shooting.
Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
The Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens promises a flexible zoom range in a small body. It offers a wide-angle to short telephoto equivalent zoom range of 29-72mm and is designed specifically for Canon's APS-C-format R Series mirrorless line. Additionally, its retractable design makes it perfect for daily use when you want to cram the camera into a bag.
With two aspherical elements and the Super Spectra Coating, Canon has carefully considered the optical design to minimize aberrations and lessen flare and ghosting. With a compatible camera body, an optical image stabilizer can provide up to 4 stops of shake correction or up to 6 stops of coordinated IS, assisting in maintaining sharp imagery. Additionally, the lead screw-type STM AF system is smooth and quiet enough to work for video while being quick enough to keep up with quick continuous focus.
Canon RF-S 55-210mm f/5-7.1 IS STM Lens (Canon RF)
The Canon RF-S 55-210mm f/5-7.1 IS STM Lens has a versatile zoom range and is lightweight and portable, making it ideal for sports and wildlife photography. This stylish telephoto zoom lens, which offers an 88-336mm equivalent focal length range, is made for APS-C-format EOS R-series mirrorless cameras. For working with close-up subjects, the lens provides a minimum focusing distance of 2.3' as well.
An optical image stabilizer (OIS) complements the optical construction and telephoto reach by reducing camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for handheld shooting at slower shutter speeds. A second feature is an STM stepping motor, which supports both still photography and video recording applications by producing autofocus performance that is quick, smooth, and almost silent.
- Telephoto zoom lens for RF-mount APS-C format mirrorless cameras provides an 88-336mm equivalent focal length range.
- Optical Image Stabilizer technology compensates for up to 4.5 stops of camera shake to better enable taking sharp handheld photos in difficult lighting conditions. When paired with EOS R-series cameras featuring an In-Body Image Stabilizer (IBIS), up to 7 stops of shake correction are provided.
- STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Two Ultra-Low Dispersion elements and a Super Spectra Coating minimize ghosting and flare.
- Minimum focusing distance of 28.7" for working with close-up subjects.
- Compact and lightweight lens weighs just 9.5 oz.