The FUJIFILM GFX 100S redefines medium format by combining an ultrahigh quality 102MP sensor with an amazingly small and portable mirrorless camera chassis. Additionally appealing to both photo and video needs, this camera is completed by a robust design, in-body image stabilisation, and suitable focusing to make it more usable and practical for a range of shooting requirements.
The 102MP 44 x 33mm BSI CMOS sensor, which provides the ultra-high resolution demanded by still photographers as well as outstanding 4K video recording possibilities, is the brains behind the GFX 100S platform. The sensor's BSI design helps to outstanding clarity and accurate colour reproduction when working in a variety of lighting circumstances. The sensor partners with the X-Processor 4 to create 16-bit raw footage with a wide dynamic range, low noise levels, and sensitivity to an ISO 12800. Regarding video, it is possible to record DCI and UHD 4K video at 4:2:0 10-bit internally, 4:2:2 10-bit via HDMI, or raw 12-bit if recorded outside. An F-log gamma setting can also be employed for more sophisticated colour grading in post-production. In addition to supporting high-resolution shooting, the innovative sensor design has a complex hybrid AF system with 425 customizable phase-detection points that almost completely fill the frame and help with accurate face and eye identification modes.
A noticeably tiny form factor supports the fantastic sensor design and enables a variety of novel working scenarios for this high-resolution platform. The GFX 100S is slim and light, and its portability is supported by capable in-body image stabilisation that reduces camera shake by up to 6 stops for better handheld photography. In contrast, this stabilisation mechanism also makes it possible to capture incredibly detailed still images in 400MP files utilising the Pixel Shift Multi-Shot mode. A fixed 3.69m-dot EVF for bright eye-level viewing and a rear 3.2" touchscreen LCD with a three-way tilting design both contribute to the streamlined form factor.
102MP BSI CMOS Sensor and X-Processor 4
The GFX 100S can produce 16-bit still images with a wide dynamic range and a broad sensitivity range of ISO 100-12800, which can be expanded to ISO 50-102400, thanks to its big and extraordinarily high 102MP resolution 43.8 x 32.9mm BSI CMOS sensor and X-Processor 4. Each pixel's enormous size makes it possible for light to be collected more effectively, resulting in smoother tonal and colour transitions and the distinctive three-dimensional "medium format look." There are other conventional medium and large format aspect ratios that can be employed in addition to the conventional 4:3, including 1:1, 65:24, 5:4, 7:6, 3:2, and 16:9.
The image processor and sensor give the system more versatility by enabling continuous shooting at up to 5 frames per second (fps) or the recording of DCI and UHD 4K30 video.
UHD and DCI 4K Video Recording
The GFX 100S offers an enticing array of video capabilities, making use of the large sensor size for more than just still photography. These capabilities include internal UHD and DCI 4K30p video recording at up to 4:2:0 10-bit and 4K30p 4:2:2 10-bit via HDMI output, both at up to 400 Mb/s. Simultaneous external and internal recording is also possible. UHD 4K30p raw 12-bit output utilising the Apple ProRes RAW format is also feasible when using an Atomos Ninja V.
The quad-CPU X-Processor 4's speed greatly enhances overall video performance by enabling quick read speeds when shooting 4K video, which lessens rolling shutter distortion when filming moving objects.
The GFX 100 features the F-Log gamma setting, which produces a flat image for use in sophisticated colour grading applications during editing, in addition to the 10-bit colour depth that is supported. This increases the potential dynamic range in challenging circumstances, and image modifications can also be performed to the sharpness, colour, highlight, and shadow tones. For HDR applications, HLG recording is also supported, and F-Log, HLG, and Film Simulations can all be utilised concurrently with raw external output.
For more sophisticated audio solutions, the camera also includes a 3.5mm microphone jack and 3.5mm headphone jack.
Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
To make handheld shooting more suitable, built-in 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilisation works to reduce the appearance of camera shake. Even lenses without stabilisation can be utilised with this system; however, using OIS-enabled lenses can provide up to 6 stops of shake reduction.
- Updated body shape is noticeably more compact and lightweight than previous GFX 100 models, making it especially well-suited for handheld shooting on location and in studio environments.
- Magnesium alloy body construction is both lightweight and durable, and the camera system is weather sealed to render it moisture- and dust-resistant, as well as freezeproof down to 14°F, for use in inclement conditions.
- Fixed 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder is featured for high-resolution, 0.77x-magnification eye-level viewing.
- A 3.2" 2.36m-dot touchscreen LCD is also available for image playback, menu navigation, and live view shooting. This LCD features a unique three-way tilting design that moves both upward and downward for shooting from high and low angles, and also tilts to the side to benefit shooting in the vertical orientation when in live view.
- Single NP-W235 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated to provide approximately 460 shots per charge.
- Dual UHS-II SD memory card slots are featured, and permit saving imagery in a sequential manner, backup/duplicate manner, or in a sorted manner to segregate JPEG and raw files.
- The FUJIFILM G lens mount features a short focal flange distance of just 26.7mm to better facilitate adapting lenses and to allow for reduced back focusing distances to better prevent vignetting and promote edge-to-edge sharpness with the GF series of lenses.
- A 1.8" sub-LCD monitor on the top plate can be used to quickly view shooting settings and exposure data.
- Exposure mode dial on the top plate also incorporates six custom positions for quickly switching between pre-configured exposure settings.
- Integrated Bluetooth 4.2 low energy and Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly share images to a mobile device or use the device to remotely control the camera.
Hybrid Autofocus System
The extended phase-detection autofocus system, which has 425 selectable points and covers almost the whole sensor area, is another feature of the sensor's architecture. This AF system performs quickly and accurately while also having low light sensitivity down to -5.5 EV. An upgraded X-Processor 4 is also included, which complements the imaging and focusing skills by providing quick focus response for subject tracking and supporting Face- and Eye-Detection AF when operating in AF-C mode and when recording video.
Other Camera Features
- Film Simulation modes allow you to reproduce the look and feel of several of FUJIFILM's film types, including the newly introduced Nostalgic Neg. effect, along with Provia, Velvia, Astia, Classic Chrome, Classic Neg., Pro Neg. Hi, Pro Neg. Standard, Eterna, Eterna Bleach Bypass, Acros, Monochrome, and Sepia. Additionally, Grain Effect can be adjusted as well as Classic Chrome effect to fine-tune the look of imagery.
- Pixel-Shift Multi-Shot mode is capable of producing massive, 400MP images by combining 16 raw images using FUJIFILM's Pixel Shift Combiner software, which can then be output as a DNG file for further processing using most popular editing software.
- Interval shooting is possible for up to 999 consecutive frames with a 1 sec to 24-hour delay between exposures, as well as up to a 24-hour shutter delay.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you shoot two consecutive overlaid frames, and the first frame will be shown on the rear LCD to aid in alignment for the second exposure.
- A variety of file formats are available depending on your workflow needs and include uncompressed and compressed raw file types; Super Fine, Fine, and Normal JPEG settings; and TIFF files can be output via in-camera raw file development.
- Country of Origin
- Number of effective pixels
- 102 million pixels
- Image sensor
- 43.8mm x 32.9mm Bayer array with primary color filter
- Sensor Cleaning System
- Ultra Sonic Vibration
- Storage media
- SD Card (-2GB)
SDHC Card (-32GB)
SDXC Card (-2TB)
Video Speed Class V90
- File format (Still)
- DCF: Compliant with Design rule for Camera File system (DCF2.0)
JPEG: Exif Ver.2.32
RAW: 14bit RAW (RAF original format)
TIFF: 8bit/ 16bit RGB (In-camera RAW Conversion Only)
- Number of recorded pixels
- L: [4:3] 11648 x8736 [3:2] 11648 x7768 [16:9] 11648 x6552 [1:1] 8736 x8736 [65:24] 11648 x4304 [5:4] 10928 x8736 [7:6] 10192 x8736
M: [4:3] 8256 x6192 [3:2] 8256 x5504 [16:9] 8256 x4640 [1:1] 6192 x6192 [65:24] 8256 x3048 [5:4] 7744 x6192 [7:6] 7232 x6192
S: [4:3] 4000 x3000 [3:2] 4000 x2664 [16:9] 4000 x2248 [1:1] 2992 x2992 [65:24] 4000 x1480 [5:4] 3744 x3000 [7:6] 3504 x3000
- Lens Type
- FUJIFILM G mount
- Lens Mount
- FUJIFILM G Mount
- Sensitivity Standard Output
- STILL: ISO100 - 12800 (1/3 step)
MOVIE: ISO200 - 12800
- Sensitivity Extended Output
- Still: ISO50 / 25600 / 51200 / 102400
- Exposure control
- TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center Weighted
- Exposure mode
- P (Program AE) / A (Aperture Priority AE) / S (Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M (Manual Exposure)
- Exposure compensation
- Still: -5.0EV - +5.0EV 1/3EV step
Movie: -2.0EV - +2.0EV
- Image Stabilizer Mechanism
- Image sensor shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation
- Image Stabilizer Compensation Effect
- 6.0 stops (based on CIPA standard). Pitch/yaw shake only. With GF63mmF2.8 R WR lens mounted.
- Image stabilizer Digital
- Yes, movie mode only
- Shutter speed
- Electronic front curtain shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/4000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/4000sec.
S/M mode: 60min. to 1/4000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
Mechanical + Electronic shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/16000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/16000sec.
E-front + Mechanical + Electronic shutter: P mode: 4sec. to 1/16000sec. A mode: 30sec. to 1/16000sec.
S/M mode: 60min. to 1/16000sec. Bulb mode: up to 60min.
- Shutter speed Movie
- DCI4K/4k: 1/4000 to 1/24
FHD: 1/4000 to 1/24
- Synchronized shutter speed for flash
- 1/125sec. or slower
- Continuous shooting
- CH Mechanical Shutter
Approx. 5.0fps: JPEG: 42 Frames,Compressed RAW: 16 Frames,Lossless compressed RAW: 15 Frames,Uncompressed RAW: 14 Frames
CH Electronic Shutter
Approx. 2.9fps: JPEG: 64 Frames, Compressed RAW: 236 Frames, Lossless compressed RAW: 18 Frames, Uncompressed RAW: 15 Frames
CL Mech. Shutter
Approx. 2.0fps JPEG: Endless, Compressed RAW: 45 Frames, Lossless compressed RAW: 22 Frames, Uncompressed RAW: 16 Frames
- AE Bracketing
- AE Bracketing (Frames: -2, -3, +3, +2, +/-9, +/-7, +/-5, +/-3 Step: 1/3EV, 2/3EV, 1EV, 4/3EV, 5/3EV, 2EV, 7/3EV, 8/3EV, 3EV)
Film Simulation Bracketing (Any 3 types of film simulation selectable)
Dynamic Range Bracketing (100%, 200%, 400%)
ISO Sensitivity Bracketing ( +/-1/3EV, +/-2/3EV, +/-1EV)
White Balance Bracketing ( +/-1, +/-2, +/-3)
- AE Bracketing (Contd.)
- Focus Bracketing (Auto, Manual)
Multiple Exposure (Max 9 frames - Additive, Average, Bright. Dark)
Pixel Shift Multi-Shot (Yes)
- Focus Mode
- Single AF / Continuous AF / MF
- Focus Type
- Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF)
- Focus Low-light Performance
- Contrast: -2.5EV with GF80mmF1.7 attached
Phase Detection: -5.5EV with GF80mmF1.7 attached
- AF Frame Selection
- Single point AF: EVF / LCD: 13 x9 / 25 x17 (Changeable size of AF frame)
Zone AF: 3 x3 / 5 x5 / 7 x7 from 117 areas on 13 x9 grid
Wide/Tracking AF: AF-S: Wide / AF-C: Tracking
- White balance
- Auto, Ambience Priority, Custom1 - 3, 2500K-10000K, Fine, Shade, Fluorescent Light-1, Fluorescent Light-2, Fluorescent Light-3, Incandescent Light, Underwaterr
- 10sec. / 2sec.
- Interval timer Shooting
- Yes (Setting : Interval, Number of shots, Starting time, Interval timer shooting exposure smoothing)
- Flash Sync Mode
- 1st Curtain / 2nd Curtain / Auto FP(HSS)
- Flash Mode
- TTL (TTL Auto (P Mode) / Standard / Slow Sync. ) / Manual / Multi / Off
- Hot shoe
- Yes (Dedicated TTL Flash compatible)
- Viewfinder EVF
- 0.5" OLED Color Viewfinder
Resolution: Approx. 3.69 million dots
Coverage of Viewing Area vs. Coverage of Capture Area: Approx. 100%
Eyepoint: Approx. 23mm (from the Rear End of the Camera's Eyepiece)
Diopeter Adjustment: -4-+2m-1
Magnification: 0.77x with 50mm Lens (35mm Equivalent) at infinity and Diopter set to -1.0m-1
Diagonal Angle of View: approx. 38 Deg (Horizontal angle of view: approx. 30 Deg )
Built-In Eye Sensor
- LCD monitor
- 3.2" Tilt-Type(Three Direction) Touch Screen Color LCD Monitor, 4:3 Aspect Ratio, Approx. 2.36 million dots
- Touch Screen Shooting Mode
- AF, Focus Area, OFF, Double Tap Setting, Touch Function Setting, EVF Touch Screen Area Setting
- Touch Screen Playback Mode
- Swipe, Zoom, Pinch-in / Pinch-out, Double-tap, Drag
- Sub LCD monitor
- 1.80 inch, Aspect Ratio 4:3, 303 x230-dot Monochrome LCD Monitor
- File format (Movie)
- MOV (MPEG-4 AVC / H.264, HEVC / H.265, Audio : Linear PCM / Stereo sound 24bit / 48KHz sampling)
- Movie compression
- All Intra / Long GOP
- File size / Frame rate / Recording time
- [DCI4K (4096 x2160)] 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98p 400Mbps/200Mbps/100Mbps up to Approx. 120min.
[4K (3840 x2160)] 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98p 400Mbps/200Mbps/100Mbps up to Approx. 120min.
[Full HD (2048 x1080)] 59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up to Approx. 120min.
[Full HD (1920 x1080)] 59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 24p / 23.98p 200Mbps/100Mbps/50Mbps up to Approx. 120min.
- Film Simulation mode
- 19 modes, PROVIA/Standard, Velvia/Vivid, ASTIA/Soft, Classic Chrome, PRO Neg.Hi, PRO Neg.Std, Classic Neg., Nostalgic Neg., ETERNA/Cinema, ETERNA BLEACH BYPASS, ACROS, ACROS + Ye Filter, ACROS + R Filter, ACROS + G Filter, Black & White, Black & White + Ye Filter, Black & White + R Filter, Black & White + G Filter, Sepia
- Clarity setting
- +/-5 steps
- Monochromatic Color
- Grain Effect
- Roughness: Strong, Weak, Off Size: Large, Small x 117
- Color Chrome Effect
- Strong, Weak, Off
- Color chrome Blue
- Strong, Weak, Off
- Smooth Skin Effect
- Strong, Weak, Off
- Dynamic range setting
- Auto, 100%, 200%, 400%
- Dynamic range setting (Movie)
- 100% / 200% / 400%
- Wireless Transmitter Standard
- IEEE802.11b/g/n (standard wireless protocol)
- Wireless Transmitter Encryption
- WEP/WPA/WPA2 mixed mode
- Wireless Transmitter Access Mode
- Bluetooth Standard
- Bluetooth Ver. 4.2(Bluetooth low energy)
- Bluetooth Operating frequency
- 2402 - 2480MHz
- Terminal - Digital Interface
- USB Type-C (USB3.2 Gen1x1)
- Terminal - HDMI Output
- HDMI Micro connector (Type D)
- Terminal - Others
- 3.5mm, stereo mini connector (Microphone)
3.5mm, stereo mini connector (Headphone)
2.5mm, Remote Release Connector
- Power supply
- NP-W235 Li-ion battery (included)
- Battery Life for Still Images
- Approx. 460 frames when GF63mmF2.8 R WR is attached
- Actual Battery Life for Movie Capture
- [4K] Approx. 60min @ 29.97p
[Full HD] Approx. 65min @ 59.94p
- Continuance Battery Life
- For Movie Capture: [4K] Approx. 95min @ 29.97p
[Full HD] Approx. 110min @ 59.94p
- Operating Temperature
- +14 Degree F - +104 Degree F (-10 Degree C - 40 Degree C)
- Operating Humidity
- 10% - 80% (no condensation)
- Starting up period
- Approx. 0.5sec.
- Battery Info
- Required, included
- Battery Material
- Battery Quantity
- Battery Type
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 5.91 x 4.1 x 3.43" (150 x 104.2 x 87.2mm)
Minimum Depth: 1.73" (44.0mm)
- Camera Body: Approx. 32 lbs (900g) Including battery and memory card
Approx. 29 lbs (821g) Excluding battery and memory card
• 102MP 43.8 x 32.9mm BSI CMOS Sensor
• X-Processor 4 Image Processor
• 4K30 Video; F-Log Gamma, 12-Bit Raw Out
• 3.69m-Dot OLED EVF
• 3.2" 2.36m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
• 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
• 425-Point Phase-Detection Autofocus
• ISO 100-12800, up to 5 fps Shooting
• 400MP Pixel Shift Multi-Shot
• 19 Film Simulation Modes
• FUJIFILM GFX 100S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
• FUJIFILM NP-W235 Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 2200mAh)
• AC-5VJ AC Power Adapter
• Plug Adapter
• USB Cable
• Shoulder Strap
• FUJIFILM BCP-002 Body Cap
• Hot Shoe Cover
• Cable Protector
• Limited 1-Year Warranty