FUJIFILM X-H2 Mirrorless Camera
The FUJIFILM X-H2 is a high-resolution mirrorless crop-sensor camera that pushes the limits of APS-C imaging. It has a ground-breaking 40MP BSI sensor and an array of cutting-edge capabilities packed into a compact and robust X-series body. Standing at the top of the X-System line-up, this high-performing camera incorporates many of the GFX system's technological advancements in digital capture to deliver unprecedented image quality, detail, and colour rendition in a crop-sensor camera, while maintaining the X-signature System's compact form factor and stylish appearance.
Backside-Illuminated Sensor and 64-Bit Processing
X-Trans 5 BSI Sensor
The X-H2 features a backside-illuminated, APS-C-format 40MP X-Trans 5 HR sensor, which boosts resolution and enhances low-light performance compared to earlier generations. It is ideal for architecture, travel, and landscape photographers. In order to reduce noise and improve tonality and clarity, the X-Trans sensor first employs a special colour filter array. Next, the BSI design significantly lowers rolling shutter and other motion distortion, making it more suitable for high-speed video and photo applications. The astounding resolution offers up to a 13 stop dynamic range and 2x digital zoom.
The X-Processor 5 is a new engine that works in tandem with the newly created sensor to achieve 3x faster speeds for both video and photo duties than the X-T4. This makes it possible to record video at bit rates up to 720 mb/s.
This speedy processing translates to speedier shooting for stills to accommodate photographing moving subjects. With an electronic shutter, a buffer of 202 consecutive uncompressed raw frames allows for shooting at speeds of up to 20 fps. The mechanical shutter enables shooting at rates of up to 15 frames per second and up to 1000 raw frames in a single burst.
This processing helps create a 14-stop dynamic range, allowing an improved sensitivity range from ISO 125-12800, and benefits the advanced and AI-backed autofocus system, which is useful for both video and stills applications.
4K 60p and 8K 30p Internal Recording
Despite being primarily a camera, the X-H2 boasts an amazing video system that can record video in 4:2:2 10-bit internally in 8K at 30 frames per second, as well as in DCI/UHD 4K at up to 60 frames per second and Full HD at up to 240p. H.265 and three different ProRes tiers—the high bitrate 422 HQ, the regular 422 and the more compressed 422 LT—as well as other codecs are supported. Additionally, all frame rates and resolutions allow for continuous recording lengths of up to 160 minutes, which can be increased to 240 minutes with the use of an extra clip-on fan.
External Raw Recording
When used in conjunction with an appropriate external recorder, the full-size HDMI connector allows for the recording of 12-bit raw video. In addition to working with F-Log or F-Log 2 profiles and recording at both ProRes RAW and Blackmagic RAW, both formats support working in resolutions up to the open-gate 8K.
Improved Autofocus and Image Stabilization
Hybrid AF with Deep Learning AI
The enhanced processing has resulted in substantially faster and more intelligent autofocus performance. With a sensitivity of down to -7 EV and 425 phase-detection points, this hybrid focusing system can operate in extremely low light. Additionally, this focusing system is better adapted to automatically detect and track a range of subject kinds thanks to an AI adaptive algorithm supported by deep learning.
Pixel Shift Multishot
With the aid of the Pixel Shift Combiner software, the Pixel Shift Multishot captures the subject on a different area of the image sensor with each successive exposure, precisely shifting the image sensor by half a pixel. This results in a single 160-Megapixel image.
In-Body Image Stabilization
By up to 7 stops, inbuilt 5-axis sensor-shift picture stabilisation reduces the visual impact of camera shake. This system benefits from working with slower shutter speeds and when shooting in challenging lighting circumstances and is compatible with the majority of X Series lenses, including those that are not stabilised. Additionally, digital image stabilisation can be utilised to help stabilise footage while shooting videos, especially when doing so handheld.
Practical and Durable Design
- Large OLED electronic viewfinder features a crisp 5.76m-dot resolution and a 0.8x magnification for bright, clear, and detailed eye-level viewing.
- Rear 3.0" LCD has a high 1.62m-dot resolution and a touchscreen interface for intuitive control. Also, its vari-angle design means the screen can be flipped out to the side, tilted up or down, and closed with the screen against the body for protection.
- 1.28" monochrome LCD screen on the top plate is a simple means for quickly reviewing shooting settings.
- Dual memory card slots include one CFexpress Type B slot and one SD UHS-II slot for file-saving flexibility. The CFexpress Type B slot should be prioritized for higher bitrate video recording and fast continuous shooting, and the SD slot is a convenient alternative for backups or less speed-critical shooting.
- NP-W235 battery provides approximately 720 frames per charge when working with the EVF in Economy Mode, or approximately 580 frames in Normal Mode.
- Full-size HDMI Type A port for outputting video to an external recorder or monitor.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port supports tethering, data transfer, and in-camera battery charging.
- 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports for greater control over audio recording.
- PC sync port for flash sync.
- 2.5mm remote port for using wired remote controllers.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device or to use the device to remotely control the camera.
Film Simulation Modes
You may mimic the appearance and feel of a number of FUJIFILM film types, such as Provia, Velvia, Astia, Classic Chrome, Classic Neg., Nostalgic Neg., and Pro Neg., using film simulation modes. Hello, Acros, Monochrome, Sepia, Eterna, and Eterna Bleach Bypass. To further customise the appearance of imagery, Grain Effect and Color Chrome effect can also be changed.