The Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II is a well-rounded camera that combines a long-reaching zoom with versatile imaging capabilities. It is distinguished by its ergonomic design and simple handling. with a sizable 20.1MP 1 "The FZ1000 II's high-sensitivity MOS sensor, which operates in the ISO 125–12800 sensitivity range, can produce high-resolution stills and video with remarkably low noise and excellent clarity. Additionally, the sensor and processor enable UHD 4K video recording at 30p, 30 fps at 8MP in 4K PHOTO modes, and continuous shooting at up to 12 fps with single-shot AF. The 4K PHOTO modes also let you create stromotion images, which combine multiple sequential exposures into a single frame to give the image a dynamic final appearance.
Beyond imaging, the Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 16x zoom lens, which has a wide field of view and a 25–400mm equivalent focal length range, and a 5-axis HYBRID Optical Image Stabilizer to reduce camera shake are what most distinguish the FZ1000 II. Another noteworthy feature is the camera's ergonomic design, which incorporates a 3.0" OLED electronic viewfinder with 2.36 million dots and looks like an interchangeable lens camera "1.24" touchscreen LCD with free-angle viewing. Furthermore, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a connected smartphone or tablet.
20.1MP 1" High-Sensitivity MOS Sensor
The realisation of rich image quality with reduced noise and high sensitivity to an expanded ISO 25600 is made possible by a sizable 20.1MP 1" High Sensitivity MOS sensor. The imaging and processing abilities allow for continuous shooting rates of up to 12 frames per second in single-shot AF mode, 7 frames per second in continuous AF, or 30 frames per second at 8MP in the 4K PHOTO modes.
Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 16x Zoom Lens
With a maximum aperture range of f/2.8-4 and a 25-400mm equivalent focal length range, the impressive 16x Leica DC Vario-Elmarit zoom is ideal for working in low-light situations. Four extra-low dispersion elements and five aspherical elements are used in the lens' construction to reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations, as well as distortion, throughout the zoom range.
A 5-axis HYBRID Optical Image Stabilizer takes advantage of the lens's wide field of view to provide sharper handheld shooting in challenging lighting conditions. Additionally, this image stabilisation system enables a special Level Shot function that, regardless of camera tilt, automatically detects the horizontal line of the recording image and maintains it level during shooting. This function contributes to increased shooting stability.
4K Video and 4K PHOTO Modes
The sensor and processor combination also permits the recording of 4K video at 30p at a speed of 100 Mb/s in the MP4 format. Additionally, Full HD 1080p and HD 720p recording in high-speed with 120-fps slow-motion playback is possible.
In addition to video, the 4K capabilities allow for three different ways to record 8MP stills at 30 frames per second:
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8MP images at 30 fps for up to 15 minutes, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
In order to reduce the amount of time spent reviewing images, the 4K PHOTO modes' Auto Marking function makes it simple to sort through the hundreds of frames that were captured. It also allows you to jump to the nearest frame where differences between adjacent frames are more obvious.
Sequence Composition mode can also be used to combine a single dynamic image (a stromotion) that clearly depicts subject movement while maintaining a single static background from a series of sequentially recorded images taken with 4K PHOTO modes.
Post Focus and Focus Stacking
The 4K capabilities also include a special focusing technique called Post Focus. Post Focus utilises a combination of the contrast-detection focusing system and the intelligent Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology to record imagery as a 4K MP4 file at 30 frames per second while shifting the precise point of focus throughout the burst shooting to provide a variety of distinct focusing ranges. When the image is being played back, you can use the touchscreen on the camera to tap the specific area you want to be in focus, and an 8MP JPEG file will be generated. From the initial burst, several distinct files with various points of focus can be produced, and focusing assist features can also be used to exert even more precise control over the particular in-focus area.
In-camera focus stacking is another feature of this technology that realises a deeper depth of field, which is particularly useful when photographing up-close subjects. In this mode, pictures are taken with various points of focus, saved, and combined to create a wider depth of field.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A Live View Finder (LVF) is integrated into the body design to permit comfortable eye-level monitoring. This 0.39", 0.74x-magnification electronic viewfinder has a 2.36m-dot resolution and covers 100% of the image frame while shooting.
- Alternatively, a rear 3.0" 1.24m-dot touchscreen LCD monitor is also available for live view shooting, image review, and intuitive menu navigation. The screen features a free-angle design that flips out 180° to the side and then tilts 270° to permit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- A host of manual controls offer simple, direct control over a variety of oft-used camera settings, including 13 assignable Fn buttons.
- The included rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides you with 440 shots per charge when working with the rear LCD, 290 shots per charge with the electronic viewfinder, or 430 shots per charge when working with the electronic viewfinder in the eco 30-fps setting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to wirelessly share photos and movies to linked smartphones and tablets for direct sharing online. This connectivity also allows you to remotely control the camera from a mobile device.
Other Camera Features
- Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology affords impressively fast and precise autofocus performance to suit photographing moving subjects.
- Focus peaking is available for easier, more accurate manual focusing control.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
- Still Image Scene Guide modes: Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Handheld Night Shot, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, and Monochrome.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, L.Monochrome, L.Monochrome D, Scenery, Portrait, Custom, Cinelike D, Cinelike V.
- Picture Adjustment settings: Contrast, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, and Saturation.