The Panasonic Lumix G100 Mirrorless Camera with 12-32mm Lens and Tripod Grip Kit combines the distinctive Micro Four Thirds camera body, standard zoom lens, and the adaptable DMW-SHGR1 Tripod Grip to create a well-rounded package for aspiring vloggers or content creators.
Panasonic Lumix G100 Mirrorless Camera with 12-32mm Lens
Easily and effectively capture daily life with the Panasonic Lumix G100 Mirrorless Camera. The G100's larger 20.3MP Micro Four Thirds sensor and built-in 12-32mm lens make it far superior to the average smartphone in terms of capturing detailed 4K video and rich imagery of your priceless memories. All of this can be found in a thin, portable body that is worthy of a place in your daily bag. Additionally, it's simple to transfer, edit, and share your images with friends and family thanks to smartphones' simple connectivity.
Although video has some additional technology that will improve your recordings, still photography with the G100 is strong. The 3.0" touchscreen is a full vari-angle design that flips out for selfies, and the design of the camera is light enough to make one-handed shooting simple. Then, OZO Audio uses automatic tracking to capture your primary subjects while ensuring sound clarity. This makes it a fantastic choice for vloggers and other content creators in general.
- Benefitting recording while walking, riding, or even just working in low-light conditions, 5-axis Hybrid I.S. is an optimized image stabilization system that works in conjunction with lens-based OIS to reduce the appearance of camera shake for smoother video footage and sharper stills.
- The rear 3.0" 1.84m-dot LCD features a static touchscreen design for intuitive and responsive use and it has a free-angle design that benefits working from high, low, and front-facing (selfie) angles.
- Updated UI for vlogging includes a REC Frame Indicator, which presents a red border around the image frame, so you can easily confirm recording or not. Also, a Frame Marker overlay can be used to highlight the specific region of the frame that will show depending on the selected aspect ratio, which is perfect for direct output to social media platforms.
- Vertical video recording support is especially useful for video content intended to be viewed on a smartphone.
- Dedicated Video Selfie Mode can be set to automatically begin when the screen is rotated forward and will automatically highlight the main subject by optimizing depth of field, using face detection AF and AE settings, and automatically configuring the sound pickup range area depending on where the subject is.
- OZO Audio, by Nokia, has been integrated to enable spatial audio recording via three built-in microphones for improved richness and accuracy depending on where the desired sound is coming from. These three internal mics, which can be configured manually or automatically, also enable a unique Tracking setting, which works in conjunction with the detected angle of view of the lens and face recognition functions, for clearer audio during interviews, selfie videos, or in other speaking situations. For manual control, you can select Surround for recording within a wide range in all directions; Front, for recording subjects in front of the camera; and Back, for recording yourself or another subject behind the camera.
20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
The G100 is equipped with a 20.3MP MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor without a low pass filter and an upgraded Venus Engine processor to produce UHD 4K video and sharp, detailed still images. It is designed for high-speed, high-resolution imaging. This setup allows for the use of sensitivities up to ISO 25600 while maximising resolution and minimising noise.
UHD 4K Video Recording
The G100 has versatile video capabilities, enabling it to internally record Full HD at up to 60p and UHD 4K at up to 30p with 8-bit colour depth and 4:2:0 sampling. Alternately, micro-HDMI with 4:2:2 sampling and 8-bit colour depth supports Full HD external recording. To capture a flat, neutral gamma curve suitable for grading in conjunction with a LUT for more control over colour, V-Log L is pre-installed on the device. Additionally, Full HD recording allows for the use of 4x, 2x, 8x, 4x, and 2x quick motion settings as well as Time Lapse and Stop Motion settings, which can be used to record subjects changing over time. A 3.5mm microphone input is additionally offered for better external audio capture.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- A large OLED Live View Finder has a high 3.68m-dot resolution and 0.73x magnification for bright and clear eye-level composition.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3.0" 1.84m-dot rear LCD monitor has a free angle, tilt and swivel design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- DMW-BLG10PP lithium-ion battery offers approximately 270 shots per charge with the rear LCD, 250 shots per charge with the LVF, or approximately 900 shots per charge when working in the Power Save LVF mode. Additionally, the battery can be charged in-camera via USB or via AC power.
- A dedicated Send Images button on the top plate, along with built-in 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy connectivity, allows for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from linked smartphones and tablets. Bluetooth LE also enables a constant connection to your mobile device, allowing for functions such as geolocation and automatic image transfer.
4K PHOTO Modes
Three still-shooting modes for the G100 are available for continuously capturing 8MP stills at a shooting rate of 30 frames per second:
- Burst: This mode will allow you to continuously record, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record images one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
Post Focus and Focus Stacking
The 4K capabilities also include a special focusing technique called Post Focus. Post Focus utilises a combination of the contrast-detection focusing system and the intelligent Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology to record imagery as a 4K MP4 file at 30 frames per second while shifting the precise point of focus throughout the burst shooting to provide a variety of distinct focusing ranges. When the image is being played back, you can use the touchscreen on the camera to tap the specific area you want to be in focus, and an 8MP JPEG file will be generated. The original burst can be divided into several separate files with various points of focus, and focusing assist tools can be used to have even more control over the precise in-focus area.
In-camera focus stacking is another feature of this technology that realises a deeper depth of field, which is particularly useful when photographing up-close subjects. In this mode, pictures are taken with various points of focus, saved, and combined to create a wider depth of field.
Depth-From-Defocus AF System
DFD (Depth-From-Defocus) technology is used for accelerated autofocus performance to quickly determine the distance to subjects and adjust the focusing position, enabling continuous shooting with continuous AF. The use of subject colour, size, and motion vectors to intelligently lock-on to moving subjects and ensure precise focus is advantageous for both still and video recording modes as well as subject tracking applications. Face/eye detection capabilities make it simpler to photograph people when working with portrait subjects and prioritise focusing as precisely as on a subject's pupil. It is possible to modify the focusing sensitivity and speed to further enhance performance with particular subjects. Additionally, working in low light conditions is supported by AF sensitivity down to -4 EV.
Other Camera Features
- Selfie Functions: Soft Skin Mode, Filter Effects, Background Control, Slimming Mode, Hands-Free Face Shutter Mode, and Self Timer.
- In-camera image editing is possible, and enables you to split video clips, resize and crop images, develop raw image files, and even retouch and remove objects from photos.
Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. Lens
The Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH, a compact 24-64mm-equivalent zoom lens with a retractable design, is included with the camera body. For notable sharpness and clarity throughout the zoom range, its optical design corrects spherical and chromatic aberrations using three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element. For quick, quiet focusing performance that works for both movie and photo applications, a stepping AF motor and internal focus design are also used. MEGA O.I.S. also helps to ensure sharp handheld photos by reducing the effects of camera shake.
Panasonic DMW-SHGR1 Tripod Grip
The Panasonic DMW-SHGR1 Tripod Grip is an innovative and simple way to stabilise specific Lumix digital cameras while encouraging steady handling. This accessory connects to cameras via a built-in USB Micro-B cable and serves as both a handheld grip and a tabletop tripod. It also includes built-in video rec, shutter release, and sleep buttons for grip-based camera control. Additionally, the built-in ball head allows for positioning of the camera.
- Lumix DC-G100
- Lumix DC-GH5
- Lumix DC-GH5M2
- Lumix DC-GH5S
- Lumix DC-G9
- Lumix DC-G95
- Lumix DC-G85