Canon EOS R6 Mark II Mirrorless Camera
The Full-Frame All-Rounder
The Canon EOS R6 Mark II is a flexible mirrorless body for the multimedia creator, combining excellent photo performance with suitable video capabilities. For outstanding 4K 60p 10-bit video, better overall performance, and an improved AF, an upgraded 24.2MP CMOS sensor and processing are combined. The camera body has also been changed for easier handling, featuring a new top plate that makes it simpler to reach various shooting modes.
24.2MP Full-Frame Sensor and DIGIC X Processing
Updated Full-Frame Sensor
The R6 Mark II's new 24.2MP CMOS sensor, which is adaptable for picture and video applications, works well in low light, and produces vibrant and true colours, hits the sweet spot in terms of resolution.
DIGIC X Processor
The R6 Mark II's improved processing, which was taken from the R3, is appropriate for the camera's multimedia capabilities. The DIGIC X offers up to 40 fps continuous shooting with a silent electronic shutter or 12 fps with a mechanical shutter, with AF and AE readings before each frame, and is capable of processing both high-speed bursts and high-resolution 4K video. Additionally, a 30 fps RAW Burst mode is available, with pre-release capture allowing you to capture events that occurred up to 0.5 seconds before you push the shutter.
Additionally, better processing enhances low-light performance; the sensitivity range is now ISO 100-102400, and it may be expanded to ISO 204800 for use in extremely challenging lighting circumstances.
UHD 4K Video Recording
The R6 Mark II's sensor enables high-resolution UHD 4K 60p internal video in addition to still images, and it can also function with 10-bit sampling when using Canon Log 3. In order to increase sharpness, lessen moiré, and minimise noise, a 6K recording area can also be employed for oversampled 4K shooting at 30p. Additionally, 180p recording at up to Full HD quality is available for slow-motion playback.
In-camera HDR creation and external HDR recording are both feasible with HDR-PQ recording thanks to the micro-HDMI connector, which provides a clear 6K output at up to 60 fps. Additionally, the R6 Mark II supports infinite recording times, has headphone and microphone connections, as well as a multi-function shoe for wide accessory compatibility.
External 6K Raw Recording
When used in conjunction with an appropriate external recorder, the micro-HDMI connector allows for the recording of raw video. ProRes RAW up to 6K 60p and 3.7K raw recording with a cut are both feasible using the entire width of the sensor.
Autofocus and Image Stabilization
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- Advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF II system features 1053 automatic AF points that cover the entire sensor area and provide notably fast, responsive, and precise focusing performance.
- This phase-detection focusing system also has enhanced subject detection and tracking, benefitted by deep learning technology, with the ability to intelligently recognize people, animals, and vehicles. Subject tracking will automatically lock onto these subjects and maintain sharp focus while shooting, even throughout burst captures and when recording video.
- Dual Pixel AF II's low-luminance limit focuses down to an impressive -6.5 EV for accurate focusing even in nighttime conditions.
Sensor-Shift Image Stabilizer
When used with a handheld camera, an in-body image stabiliser (IBIS) can reduce unwanted camera shake by up to 7 stops, making it easier to take handheld photos and films in low light. Depending on the particular lens being used, this 5-axis system can also be utilised in conjunction with lenses that include optical image stabilisation to compensate for up to 8 stops of camera shake. To help capture steadier footage while moving, Movie Digital IS also employs the optical and sensor-shift stabilizing techniques in addition to digital IS.
EVF and Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- High-resolution 3.69m-dot 0.5" electronic viewfinder provides a bright and detailed means for eye-level viewing and the quick 120 fps refresh rate offers natural motion rendering for a more realistic viewfinder experience.
- Rear 3.0" 1.62m-dot LCD touchscreen features a vari-angle design that benefits front-facing recording, such as for vlogging needs, as well as working from high and low shooting angles.
- Refined body design incorporates four distinct control dials across the body for intuitive tactile control and a joystick controller is used on the back of the camera for fast and intuitive focus point selection and menu navigation.
Reliable and Intuitive Handling
- An updated top plate design repositions the On/Off dial and Photo/Video mode dial for more intuitive handling.
- Built for everyday use, this camera touts a dust- and moisture-sealed body constructions that's suitable for working in inclement conditions.
- Dual SD memory card slots offer file-saving flexibility and both are rated for UHS-II card speeds to support fluent 4K video recording and high-speed continuous shooting.
There are both wired and wireless connectivity options available, providing a number of possibilities for transferring photographs and movies and operating the camera from a distance.
- USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 port for in-camera charging and file transfers; this port also enables using the camera as a Full HD 30p webcam with support for UVC/UAC protocols
- 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports
- Micro-HDMI port for working with an external recorder
Bluetooth and 5/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for wireless transfers and remote camera control from mobile devices
Next-Generation Multi-Function Shoe
The Multi-Function Shoe is an improvement over a traditional hot shoe that adds a row of pins to the front of the design to allow for broader accessory functionality and to supply power to some accessory types that often rely on separate batteries. For compatibility with older shoe-mounted attachments, this revised shoe is also compatible with the AD-E1 Multi-Function Shoe Adapter, the EL-5 Speedlite, the ST-E10 Speedlite Transmitter, the DM-E1D Stereo Microphone, and the AD-P1 Smartphone Link Adapter.