The Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM is a wide-angle, compact lens with a versatile zoom range that is excellent for shooting landscapes, buildings, and cityscapes. An optical image stabiliser to lessen camera shake and a stepping AF motor that works for both photo and video applications round out the ultra-wide to wide range.
- This lens offers a useful range of focal lengths for a variety of subject types, including landscape, architecture, interiors, and street photography. It covers ultra-wide to wide-angle fields of view.
- A small variable maximum aperture helps create a portable, light design that is great for walkabout photography.
- High clarity and colour accuracy are achieved by controlling multiple chromatic aberrations with two UD (ultra-low dispersion) glass elements.
- Spherical aberrations and distortion are lessened by one aspherical element, resulting in sharper edges and more accurate rendering.
- When working in harsh lighting conditions, Super Spectra Coating reduces flare and ghosting for greater contrast.
- Aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation are just a few of the exposure settings that can be changed using the Configurable Control Ring.
Autofocus and Image Stabilization
- When used in conjunction with coordinated IS, an optical image stabiliser can reduce the appearance of camera shake by up to 7 stops, improving the ability to work in low light and at slower shutter speeds.
- STM stepping motors provide quick, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is excellent for both still photography and video recording.
- To accommodate photographing nearby subjects, close-up focusing capabilities allow working with a 1:2 maximum magnification and a 5.1" minimum focusing distance.
- Focal Length
- Max and Min Aperture
- f/4.5 - F22 (at 15mm zoom position)
f/6.3 - F32 (at 30mm zoom position)
- Lens Mount Type
- RF Mount
- Compatible Cameras
- Canon EOS R-series, full-frame and APS-C
- Minimum Focusing Distance
- 11" (0.28m) throughout zoom range, using AF
0.13m (5.1in) manual focus at 15mm zoom position
- Maximum Magnification
- 0.16x (at 30mm zoom position)
0.52x (manual focus at 15mm zoom position)
- Field of View
- Approx. 229mm x 153mm (9.0 x 6.0) (at Minimum Focus Distance)
- Angle of View (Diagonal)
- Approx. 110 Degree 30' (15mm)
Approx. 71 Degree 35' (30mm)
- Lens Construction
- 13 elements in 11 groups
- Special Elements
- (Two) UD-glass elements, (One) Aspherical element
- Lens Coating
- Canon SSC (Super Spectra Coating)
- Filter Size Diameter
- Aperture Blades
- Image Stabilization
- 5.0 stops correction with In-lens Optical Image Stabilization (7.0 stops correction with EOS R3/R5 in-body coordinated Image stabilization)
- Focusing Drive System
- Canon STM (Leadscrew type STM)
- Full-time Manual Focusing
- Yes (Supports both ONE SHOT AF and SERVO AF with compatible EOS R-series cameras)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Coverage (H x V)
- EOS R/RP - Approx. 100% x 88%
EOS R5/R6 - Approx. 100% x 100%
EOS R7/R10 - Approx. 100% x 100%
- Control Ring
- Combination Control Ring/Manual Focus Ring
Selectable via switch on lens barrel
No clicks, when used as Control Ring Manual
- Manual Focus Ring
- Combined MF/Control Ring on lens
- AF/MF Switch
- None - selected via camera menu, of AF/MF switch on compatible EOS R-series cameras
- MF/Control Ring Switch
- Yes, on lens barrel
- Distance Scale
- Yes Available in EVF or Live View LCD screen of compatible EOS R-series cameras
- Distance Limiter Switch
- Dust / Weather Resistant Construction
- Dimensions (Dia. x L)
- 3 x 3.5" (76.6 x 88.4mm) (Approx.)
- 13.6 oz (390g) (Approx.)
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/32
- UD and Aspherical Elements
- Super Spectra Coating
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- 1:2 Magnification and 5.1" Min. Focus
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Customizable Control Ring
- 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
- Canon E-67 II 67mm Lens Cap
- Canon Lens Dust Cap RF