Broad Views, Close-Up Details
The Canon RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM is a singular combination of an ultra-wide focal length and a macro lens, mixing a wide field of view with a close-focusing design. By combining these two qualities, this lens makes it possible to take close-up photos while still maintaining a wide field of view and a greater depth of field than with traditional telephoto macro optics.
Wide-Angle Macro Lens
- Wide-angle prime lenses are appropriate for a range of subjects, such as landscapes, nature, and street photography, and their close-focusing ability makes it easier to focus on nearby objects in between shooting expansive vistas.
- The maximum magnification available with the macro designation is 1:2 half life size, and the minimum focusing distance is 5.5".
- Depth of field control is provided by the bright f/1.8 design, which also works well in a variety of lighting conditions.
- Both chromatic and spherical aberrations are controlled by one UD (ultra-low dispersion) element and one aspherical element, resulting in well-corrected imagery that is particularly sharp and color-accurate.
- When working in harsh lighting conditions, Super Spectra coating has been applied to prevent flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps create a bokeh that is smooth and appealing.
Autofocus, IS, and Design
- Fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance provided by STM stepping motor is advantageous for both still photography and video recording requirements.
- By reducing the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops, or 6.5 stops with coordinated IS, optical image stabilisation makes it easier to work handheld in low light and with slower shutter speeds.
- Aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation are just a few of the exposure settings that can be changed using the Configurable Control Ring.
- Focal Length
- Max and Min Aperture
- f/1.8 - F22
- Lens Mount Type
- RF Mount
- Compatible Cameras
- Canon EOS R-series, full-frame and APS-C
- Minimum Focusing Distance
- 5.5" (0.14m)
- Maximum Magnification
- 0.5x (half life size)
- Field of View
- 3 x 2 (76 x 51mm) (Approx.) (at Minimum Focus Distance)
- Angle of View (Diagonal)
- Approx. 84 Degree 00'
- Lens Construction
- 11 elements in 9 groups
- Special Elements
- (One) UD Lens, (One) Aspherical Lenses
- Lens Coating
- Canon SSC (Super Spectra Coating)
- Filter Size Diameter
- Aperture Blades
- Image Stabilization
- 5.5 stops correction with In-lens Optical Image Stabilization (6.5 stops correction with EOS R3/R5 in-body coordinated Image stabilization)
- Focusing Drive System
- Canon STM (Leadscrew type STM)
- Full-time Manual Focusing
- Yes (Supports both ONE SHOT AF and SERVO AF with compatible EOS R-series cameras)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Coverage (H x V)
- EOS R/RP - Approx. 100% x 88%
EOS R5/R6 - Approx. 100% x 90%
EOS R3 - Approx. 100% x 100%
- Control Ring
- Programmable Control Ring (selected using camera menu) 54 clicks per revolution. Clicking mechanism can be removed by Canon service department, for a fee.
- Manual Focus Ring
- AF/MF Switch
- Yes (On lens barrel)
- MF/Control Ring Switch
- None - separate MF and Control Rings on lens
- Distance Scale
- Yes Available in EVF or Live View LCD screen of compatible EOS R-series cameras
- Distance Limiter Switch
- Dust / Weather Resistant Construction
- Dimensions (Dia. x L)
- 2.9 x 2.5" (74.4 x 63.1mm) (Approx.)
- 9.5 oz (270g) (Approx.)
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One UD Element, One Aspherical Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- 1:2 Max. Magnification, 5.5" Min. Focus
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Canon RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM Lens
- Canon E-52 II 52mm Lens Cap
- Canon Lens Dust Cap RF