Versatile Telephoto Zoom Lens for EOS RF-Mount Mirrorless Cameras
For getting closer to distant subjects, this impressive L-Series lens' telephoto zoom focal length is available. The RF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM, Canon's lightest and shortest 70-200mm f/2.8 lens ever, is designed to make travelling more comfortable with a portable and compact design that's simple to pack and carry wherever you go.
Constant f/2.8 Aperture
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture keeps illumination constant throughout the zoom range, which is suitable for working in low light and gives you more control over depth of field when using selective focus techniques.
- A nine-blade diaphragm with rounded edges creates a pleasing bokeh effect.
- To prevent fingerprints and smudges and to make cleaning much simpler, the front and rear elements have a protective fluorine coating.
Advanced Optical Design
- In order to improve clarity and colour accuracy, two UD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) elements and one Super UD element work together to reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing.
- For improved sharpness and accurate rendering, two aspherical elements are used to correct spherical aberrations and distortion.
- In order to maintain light transmission and high contrast under harsh lighting conditions, lens elements have been coated with an Air Sphere Coating (ASC) to lessen backlit flaring and ghosting.
Dual Nano USM AF System
- To achieve quick and precise focusing, the Dual Nano USM system makes use of both a ring type USM and an STM mechanism.
- Both photography and video applications benefit from an autofocus that is fluid and almost silent.
- When using the one-shot AF mode, full-time manual focus control is available.
Optical Image Stabilization
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by five stops.
- Enables working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- Three discrete IS modes are available: standard single-shot mode, a panning-optimized mode, and a mode that only activates the Image Stabilizer during the exposure.
Customizable Control Ring
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- Focus Limiter switch allows selecting subject focal range.
- Auto Focus / Manual Focus selector switch
- image Stabilizer switch and Stabilizer Mode Selector switch.
Rugged, Weather-Resistant Design
- Weather-resistant design protects against dust and moisture to enable use in inclement conditions.
- L-Series level vibration shock resistance in the lens barrel, helping to maintain focus and settings even in turbulent situations.
Rotating Tripod Collar
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Focal Length
- 70 to 200mm
- Maximum Aperture
- Minimum Aperture
- Lens Mount
- Canon RF
- Format Compatibility
- Angle of View
- 34 Degree to 12 Degree
- Maximum Magnification
- Minimum Focus Distance
- 2.3' (70cm)
- Optical Design
- 17 Elements in 13 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades
- 9, Rounded
- Focus Type
- Image Stabilization
- Tripod Collar
- Removable and Rotating
- Filter Size
- 77 mm (Front)
- Dimensions (Diameter x L)
- 3.54 x 5.75" (89.9 x 146mm)
- 2.35 lb (1.07kg)
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- One Super UD Element, One UD Element
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Air Sphere and Fluorine Coatings
- Dual Nano USM AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Customizable Control Ring
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens
- Canon E-77 II 77mm Lens Cap
- Canon Lens Dust Cap RF
- Canon ET-83FW III Lens Hood
- Canon LP1424 Lens Case
- Tripod Mount Ring E WIII