The FUJIFILM X-T5 is a capable multimedia mirrorless camera with a 40MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS 5 HR BSI sensor. This dial-based camera has a seven-stop in-body image stabilisation system, Pixel Shift Multi-Shot mode for 160MP files, and electronic shutter speeds up to 1/180,000 sec. The X-T5 records up to 6.2K in 4:2:2 10-bit colour internally or 12-bit ProRes RAW and Blackmagic RAW over HDMI.
40MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS 5 HR BSI Sensor
The X-T5 has a 40MP X-Trans 5 HR CMOS sensor and a compact, lightweight chassis for maximum portability and image quality. The camera's small size doesn't affect imaging. Instead, the X-enhanced T5's image processing technology produces excellent images and rich details across the original ISO range.
Powerful Video Capabilities
The dynamic camera can record up to 6.2K at 30p in 4:2:2 10-bit colour, while the 4K HQ mode oversamples 6.2K footage for better 4K output. Higher video resolution allows 2x digital zoom without sacrificing quality.
External Raw Recording
Both F-Log and F-Log2 recording are possible, with the latter providing an expanded dynamic range of 13+ stops. Additionally, 12-bit ProRes RAW and Blackmagic RAW can be output via HDMI to Atomos and Blackmagic devices accordingly.
425-Point Intelligent Hybrid AF System
The X-425 T5's phase-detection points and -7 EV sensitivity enable low-light autofocus. Deep learning and an AI adaptive algorithm make this focusing system stronger at detecting and tracking animals, athletes, birds, automobiles, motorcycles, and moving subjects.
In-Body Image Stabilization
The camera's IBIS reduces camera shake. 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilisation reduces camera vibration by 7 stops. This technology works with most X Series lenses, even non-stabilized ones, and improves shutter speed and lighting. Digital image stabilisation can also help stabilise footage, especially when handled.
Pixel Shift Multishot
Pixel Shift Multishot records 20 frames with one shutter press using the camera's IBIS system to precisely shift the sensor. Pixel Shift Combiner software quadruples the camera's resolution to create a 160MP, detail-rich file. It's suited for commercial applications, digital archiving, and static subjects with high image quality.
Built for Speed
No matter how fast your subject moves, the X-T5 is ready to shoot. A 35 ms lag time and a maximum electronic shutter speed of 1/180,000 sec and mechanical shutter speed of 1/8000 sec would freeze any subject. With a finger down, the X-T5 may shoot at 15 or 20 fps with the mechanical or electronic shutters. No significant event will be overlooked.
Film Simulation Modes
Film Simulation options simulate Fujifilm's Provia, Velvia, Astia, Classic Chrome, PRO Neg.Std, and PRO Neg. Hi, Classic Neg., Nostalgic Neg., Eterna Cinema, Eterna Bleach Bypass, Acros, Acros + Ye Filter, Acros + R Filter, Acros + G Filter, Black & White, Black & White + Ye Filter, and Sepia.
Enhanced Body Design
- Large OLED electronic viewfinder features a crisp 3.69m-dot resolution for bright, clear, and detailed eye-level viewing. Additionally, this EVF offers 0.8x magnification for an easy-to-view image that is further enhanced by improved suppression of parallax and distortion compared to its predecessor. The 100 fps refresh rate, meanwhile, allows virtually blackout-free image making.
- Large 3.0" 1.62m-dot LCD touchscreen for intuitive operation and playback, and the tilting design greatly benefits working from high and low shooting angles.
- Utilizing an NP-W235 battery, up to 680 frames can be recorded from a single charge, plus the mechanical shutter guarantees 500,000 actuations, delivering long-term accuracy and reliability.
- Micro-HDMI port for outputting video to an external recorder or monitor.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 port supports tethering, data transfer, and in-camera battery charging.
- 3.5mm external microphone port for greater control over audio recording.
- PC sync port for flash sync.
- 2.5mm remote port for using wired remote controllers.
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wirelessly sharing images to a mobile device or to use the device to remotely control the camera.
FUJIFILM XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS Lens
The FUJIFILM XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS, a 27-84mm-equivalent standard zoom for X-mount mirrorless cameras, combines versatility, quickness, and a sleek design. Its bright f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range works well in low-light circumstances and reduces the lens' size and weight. Three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element suppress spherical and chromatic aberrations to increase sharpness and clarity with this zoom. In intense lighting, Super EBC coatings reduce flare and ghosting, improving contrast and colour neutrality. A linear motor provides fast, quiet autofocus, and a five-stop image stabilisation system reduces camera shake.