The Nikon D7500 is a DX-format DSLR with a flexible feature set that was created as a genuine all-arounder and will appeal to both photographers and videographers. This multimedia whiz offers a native sensitivity range to ISO 51,200 that can be expanded up to ISO 1,640,000, a continuous shooting rate of 8 fps for up to 100 consecutive JPEGS, and 4K UHD video and time-lapse recording capabilities.
It is based on a 20.9MP CMOS sensor and an EXPEED 5 image processor. A 51-point Multi-CAM 3500FX II autofocus system, which has 15 cross-type points for quick performance and accurate subject-tracking skills in a variety of lighting settings, completes the photography capabilities.
The D7500 balances the performance characteristics while also being distinguished by its svelte shape and monocoque construction, which is cosy and simple to handle. Additionally completely weather-sealed, this physical design enables operation in challenging environmental situations.
A rear 3.2" 922k-dot touchscreen is also included, and it has a tilting design to help when working from high and low shooting angles. This is in addition to the pentaprism optical viewfinder. Additionally, SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enable wireless photo and video transfers as well as remote camera control from connected mobile devices.
Nikon D7500 DSLR Camera (Body Only)
The Nikon D7500, a DX-format DSLR with a flexible feature set to appeal to both photographers and filmmakers, was created as a real all-arounder. This multimedia whiz features a 20.9MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 5 image processor, an 8 fps continuous shooting rate for up to 100 consecutive JPEGS, a native sensitivity range to ISO 51,200 that can be increased up to ISO 1,640,000, and 4K UHD video and time-lapse recording capabilities. A 51-point Multi-CAM 3500FX II autofocus system, with 15 cross-type points, completes the imaging capabilities and provides quick performance and accurate subject tracking in a range of lighting settings.
The D7500's elegant appearance and monocoque construction, which is cosy and simple to handle, balance the performance characteristics. To enable operation in adverse environmental conditions, this physical design is completely weather-sealed. In addition to the pentaprism optical viewfinder, the camera incorporates a 3.2" 922k-dot touchscreen on the back that can be tilted for working at high and low shooting angles. Additionally, SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi allow for remote camera operation from associated mobile devices as well as wireless photo and video transferring.
20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 5 Image Processor
The EXPEED 5 image processor works in tandem with the DX-format 20.9MP CMOS sensor to deliver a highly regarded blend of high sensitivity, nuanced image quality, and quick overall performance. A sensitivity range of ISO 100–51200 at native values enables working in a variety of lighting conditions, and it can be further enlarged to ISO 50–1640000 (Lo 1 to Hi 5) to tackle the most difficult circumstances. Additionally, the combination of resolution and sensor size results in clear image quality, seamless colour transitions, and less noise across the whole sensitivity range.
The EXPEED 5 processor not only improves image quality but also grants the camera system a wealth of speed, including a high continuous shooting rate of 8 fps with full-time autofocus and exposure metering. A single burst of recording can produce up to 100 JPEGs or 50 14-bit lossless compressed NEF files.
4K UHD Video Recording
The D7500 can record 4K UHD video at 30, 25, and 24 frames per second and Full HD/HD video at up to 60 frames per second. Movie files can also be saved to the in-camera memory cards or as an uncompressed file with 4:2:2 sampling to an optional external recorder via HDMI out. There are three image area choices available for your movies' visual variety and preserved quality:
4K UHD movie image format is an area that provides a 1.5x increase in the effective focal length of the lens in use and is reserved for 4K 3840 x 2160 recording. 1.3x-based movie image area provides a 1.3x crop of the DX sensor, and is used for recording Full HD and HD video. DX-based movie image format utilizes the full width of the DX-format sensor, and is used to record Full HD 1920 x 1080 and HD 1280 x 720 video.
This setting is well-suited for shallow depth of field effects and provides the widest field of view.
Similar to still photography, a wide range of sensitivities, from extended ISO 100 to 1640000, are available for recording in low- and bright-light situations, and sensitivity levels are manually modifiable via the specific movie-shooting menu. Additionally, a Flat Picture Control mode that is optimised for video may be used to flatten the overall contrast curve during recording, giving you more control over colour grading and post-production.
An Electronic Vibration Reduction feature that may be employed during Full HD and HD recording to reduce the appearance of camera shake across three axes to manage horizontal, vertical, and rotational movements is advantageous for handheld filming. Additionally, while working in high-contrast environments, Active D-Lighting can be used to retain highlight and shadow detail during Full HD/HD photography.
When it comes to handling, a specialised power aperture button (Pv) enables smooth, continuous exposure changes when moving from light to dark areas, and Auto ISO may also be used to keep brightness constant when working in varying lighting conditions. The built-in stereo microphone can be used to handle audio recording, or an optional external microphone can be attached via the 3.5mm stereo connection for further control over quality. Audio levels can be changed in 20 steps whether using the in-camera microphone or an external microphone, and live monitoring is accessible via the headphone connector.
In addition to conventional movie recording, time-lapse recording is also available with up to 4K UHD/30p output from the camera. This allows for up to 9999 consecutive frames to be captured over the length of up to one week.
51-Point Multi-CAM 3500FX II Autofocus System
An efficient autofocus system, with choices to use 9, 21, or all 51 points according on the situation, and AF detection sensitivity down to -3 EV, supports the imaging capabilities of the D7500. This array additionally has 15 cross-type points to give centrally positioned subjects even more precision.
The center-most point is also sensitive down to an aperture value of f/8, making telephoto lenses and teleconverters advantageous. When shooting at high continuous shooting speeds, 3D Tracking, a feature of the clever Scene Recognition System, also helps to benefit maintained focusing on moving things for improved accuracy. There are also various AF modes available, including Group-Area AF, which treats smaller groups of AF points as a single point for a wider field of recognition and is useful for tracking faces or other detailed subjects. Dynamic-area AF, Single-point AF, and Auto-area AF modes are also available.
A contrast-based AF system is used when working in live view for either still or movie shooting to precisely acquire focus and can operate in continuous, full-time servo mode to better fit working with moving subjects.
- A large 3.2" 922k-dot touchscreen is available for intuitive live view shooting and playback control, and it features a tilting design to benefit working from high and low shooting angles.
- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage and a 0.94x magnification for clear, realistic viewing in any lighting condition.
- The monocoque-type carbon-fiber construction is lightweight, durable, and incorporates a deep right hand grip for comfortable and stable handling, making it especially suitable for all-day shooting with longer zooms or telephoto lenses.
- Weather-sealed design benefits working in trying environmental conditions.
- Shutter unit has been tested for up to 150,000 cycles for long-lasting use and an integrated shutter monitor automatically calculates the duration between front and rear curtain movements with each exposure to automatically correct for any variances.
- Built-in pop-up flash is available for additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe can also be used in conjunction with an optional external Speedlight, and, if used with the optional WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller, the camera can control up to three groups of SB-5000 Speedlights via radio.
- The included EN-EL15a rechargeable lithium-ion battery is CIPA-rated to last for approximately 950 shots per charge.
SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
The D7500 includes built-in SnapBridge connectivity to offer smooth image transfer and remote shooting capabilities, supporting a wide range of sharing and tagging possibilities. The camera and a smart device can communicate via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi. The mobile device can also show a live view image from the camera and remotely trigger the shutter to enable operating from a distance.
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
The 180k-pixel RGB sensor is used by the intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering III to evaluate and analyse every aspect of a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and scene colours, in order to quickly choose the right exposure and white balance setting to render the scene at hand.
To ensure consistency from image to image with relation to exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, and subject-tracking AF performance, the information gathered is also compared to onboard reference photographs.
Other Camera Features
- RAW (NEF) files can be recorded as lossless compressed or compressed at either 12 or 14-bit depth.
- Automated exposure bracketing is possible for up to 9 frames with 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps between each frame.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 5's processing power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen.
- Auto ISO sensitivity control allows you to select a minimum shutter speed at which camera shake can be controlled from and then will automatically set the ISO value in order to best render the scene. A maximum sensitivity level can also be set in order to maintain overall noise levels.
- Spot White Balance control for live view shooting makes setting the white balance as easy as pointing to the area in the frame that should be white.
- MC-DC2 port enables the connection of optional accessories, such as remote shutter releases.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you combine up to 10 different exposures into a single image, with the ability to save all 10 separate shots or just the composite image.
- In-camera raw file batch processing is possible to apply a consistent set of adjustments to several files at once.
- Picture Control: Auto, Flat, Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, and Vivid.
- Scene Modes: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close Up, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Pet Portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn Colors, and Food.
- Special Effects Modes: Night Vision; Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key
- Language Support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
A flexible all-in-one zoom covering a wide-angle to mid-telephoto range, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR was created for Nikon's line of high-resolution DX-format cameras. The optical design uses one aspherical element and one extra-low dispersion element, which together help to restrict spherical and chromatic aberrations in order to realise outstanding sharpness and colour accuracy, and contribute to achieving impressive image quality. Additionally, each element has a Super Integrated Coating that reduces flare and ghosting while boosting contrast when working in strong situations. Vibration Reduction helps handheld shooting by reducing camera shake by up to four stops and resulting in better images. A Silent Wave Motor also enables continuous manual focus override and quick, nearly silent autofocus performance.
- All-in-one zoom spans wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths and is designed for Nikon F-mount DX-format cameras, where it provides a 27-210mm equivalent range.
- One aspherical element is used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- One extra-low dispersion element greatly reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by 4 stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
Nikon MH-25A Battery Charger for EN-EL15 Li-Ion Battery
The Nikon MH-25A Battery Charger is a wall charger for the EN-EL15 and EN-EL15a/b/c lithium-ion batteries.
Nikon UC-E20 Micro USB Cable
The Nikon UC-E20 Micro USB Cable is a replacement part that allows you to attach your Nikon 1 V3 digital camera to your computer via a standard USB port. This lets you transfer files from the camera to your computer.
Nikon AN-DC3 Camera Strap (Black)
The black AN-DC3 Camera Strap from Nikon is a wide strap for the D3200, D5200, and D5300. It has a bright yellow "Nikon" logo imprinted on both lengths of its black background.
Black strap with yellow "Nikon" lettering
Nikon 3000, 3100, D5000 and D5100 digital SLRs
Nikon DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
When not in use, the viewfinders of some cameras are shielded from moisture and dust by the Nikon DK-5 Eyepiece Cap. In order to avoid light from entering the viewfinder and affecting the results of the auto-exposure, it is especially helpful when utilising the self-timer or remote release capabilities in conjunction with long exposures.
D750, D610, D600, D7500, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5600, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3500, D3400, D3300, D3200, D3100, D3000, D90, FM10
Nikon BF-1B Body Cap
When a lens is not attached, Nikon's BF-1B Body Cap maintains the mirror, viewfinder screen, and low-pass filter clean. This cap is meant to replace the one that comes with Nikon F-mount cameras.