Nikon Z30 Mirrorless Camera : Creator Ready
The Nikon Z30 is a purpose-built mirrorless camera that is small, networked, and targeted toward artists. It is best for vloggers and live streams. With 4K video recording, a sizable 20.9MP DX-format sensor, and Nikon's exceptional image quality, the Z30 combines these features with a unique feature set and design to enhance your content and accompany you on daily excursions.
4K Video Recording and Sensor Design
Video and Streaming The camera's main component is a DX-format 20.9MP CMOS sensor, which not only meets the needs of video production but also transforms the Z30 into a powerful stills camera.
- UHD 4K recording up to 30p is supported for crisp, high-resolution video needs. Full HD 120p recording is available, too, for slow-motion playback.
- Continuous recording for up to 2 hours 15 minutes is possible for documenting events or any other situation that requires longer continuous takes.
- Live streaming is possible at up to Full HD 60p or 4K 30p, and the Z30 is compatible with a variety of web conferencing apps, meaning it can easily function as a high-quality webcam, too.
- For longer takes, streaming, and other instances where you need constant power, the Z30 can be powered via the USB Type-C port.
- Versatile 20.9MP resolution suits stills needs, too, and means the Z30 is a perfect tool for capturing stills during productions or for photographing higher-resolution thumbnails and promotional images.
- The large DX-format sensor benefits working in low-light conditions by producing imagery with low noise, high clarity, and a useful sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200, or up to ISO 25600 when recording video.
- For photographing fast-moving action, a top continuous shooting speed up to 11 fps is available.
- Merging stills and video, in-camera time-lapse production is possible.
- Built-in presets and filters can also be used to refine your photos and videos straight from the camera.
The Z30 is a smartphone designed specifically for vlogging and content creation and includes a number of practical features for creators:
- Compact body design incorporates a 3.0" 1.04m-dot free-angle LCD screen. This positionable screen can face forward for accurate selfie compositions and can close inward to protect the screen from scratches and fingerprints when not in use.
- Selfie-style controls permit changing the focus position and exposure, as well as setting the self-timer, via the touchscreen when the screen is facing forward.
- Front red tally lamp clearly indicates when the camera is recording.
- Special attention is given to audio recording with the inclusion of a top stereo microphone along with the inclusion of a 3.5mm external microphone port for working with an optional mic. Also, there is an optional dedicated Wind Muff to cut wind noise and improve quality when using the onboard mic.
- Steady your handheld videos using the digital e-VR image stabilization, which helps to reduce unwanted wobbles and shakes while recording.
Fast, Reliable Autofocus
The hybrid autofocus technology rapidly and precisely acquires focus for both stills and video applications using both phase-detection and contrast-detection techniques.
- Eye Detection AF uses facial recognition to help lock focus onto subjects' eyes.
- Face and eye tracking can recognize people, dogs, and cats, and can lock onto these subjects and track focus as they move around the scene.
- Ideal for product close-ups, the AF system quickly and naturally shifts focus as you hold something up to the camera and then re-shifts focus to the subject as the product is moved away.
Connectivity and Operation
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatibility work with the Snapbridge app for mobile devices, enabling remote camera control as well as wireless transferring of photos and videos to your smartphone or tablet.
- Intuitive design includes a '?' button to provide a clear explanation of all camera settings, there is a dedicated Auto mode for times when you'd rather the camera optimize the shooting settings, and there's a customizable 'i' menu for quick access to your essential settings.
Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens (Black)
The Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is a 24-75mm-equivalent zoom built for DX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras. It is small and adaptable. With a zoom range from wide-angle to portrait length, this lens is ideal for common shooting scenarios. Aspherical and extra-low dispersion components are used in its optical design to assist eliminate a number of aberrations for sharper, clearer images throughout the zoom range.
Additionally, a Super Integrated Coating has been used to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour accuracy in backlit and bright environments. Vibration Reduction image stabilisation, which reduces the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for crisper handheld shooting, works in conjunction with the lens's versatile focal length range.
Stepping motors offer full-time manual focus override and rapid, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance for both stills and video applications. Additionally, a straightforward adjustment over a range of camera and exposure settings can be made using a programmed control ring.
- Standard zoom is designed for DX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-75mm equivalent focal length range.
- One extra-low dispersion element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements minimize spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
- Digital camera with support for interchangeable lenses
- Lens Mount
- Nikon Z mount
- Effective Pixels
- 20.9 million
- Sensor Size
- 23.5 mm x 15.7 mm
- Image Sensor Format
- Image Sensor Type
- CMOS sensor
- Total Pixels
- 21.51 million
- Dust-Reduction System
- Image Dust Off reference data (NX Studio software required)
- Image Area (pixels)
(L) 5,568 x 3,712
(M) 4,176 x 2,784
(S) 2,784 x 1,856
1:1 (16 x 16)
(L) 3,712 x
(M) 2,784 x 2,784
(S) 1,856 x 1,856
16:9 (36 x 20)
(L) 5,568 x 3,128
(M) 4,176 x
(S) 2,784 x 1,560
Photographs taken during movie recording at a frame size of 3,840 x 2,160: 3,840 x
Photographs taken during movie recording at other frame sizes: 1,920 x 1,080: 1,920 x 1,080
- File Format Still Images
- NEF (RAW): 12 or 14 bit
JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1:4), normal (approx. 1:8), or basic
(approx. 1:16) compression
NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
- Storage Media
- SD (Secure Digital) and UHS-I compliant SDHC and SDXC memory cards
- File System
- DCF 2.0
- Shutter Type
- Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane mechanical shutter; electronic front-curtain shutter;
- Shutter Speed
- 1/4000 - 30 sec. (step of 1/3 EV), bulb, time
- Flash Sync Speed
- Up to: X=1/200 sec.; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 sec. or slower; Auto FP High-Speed sync supported
- Top Continuous Shooting Speed
- 11 frames per second (at Full Resolution)
- Top Continuous Shooting Speeds
- 11 frames per second
- Exposure Metering System
- TTL metering using camera image sensor
- Metering Range
- Spot metering: -4 to +17 EV
- Exposure Compensation
- -5 - +5 EV, Increment of 1/3 EV
- Exposure Lock
- Luminosity locked at detected value
- Picture Control
Controls: (Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy,
Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, Carbon)
Selected Picture Control can be
Storage for custom Picture Controls
- Multiple Exposure
- ISO Sensitivity
- ISO 100 - 51,200 in steps of 1/3 EV
Can also be set to approx. 1 EV above ISO 51200 (ISO 102400 equivalent)
or to approx. 2 EV above ISO 51200 (ISO 204800 equivalent)
Auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Active D-Lighting
- Can be selected from:
- Active D-Lighting Bracketing
- Autofocus System
- Hybrid phase-detection/contrast AF
- Detection Range
- -4.5 to +19 EV (without low-light AF: -3 to +19 EV)
Measured in photo mode at ISO 100 and a temperature of 20
Degree C/68 Degree F using single-servo AF (AF-S) and a lens with a maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Lens Servo
- Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); continuous-servo AF (AF-C); AF mode auto-switch (AF-A; available only in
photo mode); full-time AF (AF-F; available only in movie mode); predictive focus tracking
Manual focus (M):
Electronic rangefinder can be used
- Focus Point
- 209 (single-point AF)
Number of focus points available in photo mode with single-point AF selected for
AF-area mode and DX selected for image area
- AF-Area Mode
Wide-area AF (S)
Wide-area AF (L)
Wide-area AF (L-animals)
Auto-area AF (people)
Auto-area AF (animals)
- Focus Lock
- Flash Control
- TTL: i-TTL flash control; i-TTL balanced fill-flash is used with matrix, center-weighted, and highlight-weighted
metering, standard i-TTL fill-flash with spot metering
- Flash Sync Modes
- Front-curtain sync
Red-eye reduction with slow sync
- Flash-ready Indicator
- Lights when optional flash unit is fully charged; flashes as underexposure warning after flash is fired at full
- Accessory Shoe
- ISO 518 hot-shoe with sync and data contacts and safety lock
- Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS)
- i-TTL flash control, optical Advanced Wireless Lighting, FV lock, Color Information Communication, Auto FP
- White Balance
- Auto (3 types)
Choose color temperature (2,500 K-10,000 K)
Fluorescent (3 types)
Natural light auto
Preset manual (up to 6
values can be stored), all except choose color temperature with fine-tuning
- White Balance Bracketing
- Movie Metering
- TTL exposure metering using main image sensor
- Movie Maximum Recording Time
- Up to 125 minutes
- Movie File Format
- Movie Video Compression
- H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
- Movie Audio Recording Format
- Linear PCM
- 4K UHD 3,840 x 2,160 /30p/25p/24p
Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 /120p/100p/60p/50p/30p/25p/24p
Actual frame rates
for 120p, 100p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 119.88, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps
Quality selection (normal/m) available at all sizes except 3840 x 2160, 1920 x 1080 120p/100p,
and 1920 x 1080 slow-motion, when quality is fixed at m
- Movie Audio
- Built-in stereo or external microphone with attenuator option; sensitivity can be adjusted
- Movie ISO
- Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 100 to 25,600)
M: Manual selection (ISO 100 to 25,600 in steps of 1/3 or
1/2 EV); auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 100 to 25,600) available with selectable upper limit
sensitivity control (ISO 100-25600)
- Movie Active D-Lighting
- Can be selected from:
- Time Code
- Movie e-VR
- Movie HDMI Output
- Movie Focus Peaking
- Movie Highlight Display (Zebras)
- Time-Lapse Movie
- AF for Movie
- Monitor Size
- 3.0 in. diagonal
- Monitor Resolution
- 1040 k dots
- Monitor Type
- Vari-angle TFT touch-sensitive LCD with 170 Degree viewing angle, approximately 100% frame coverage
balance and 11-level manual brightness controls
- Playback Functions
- Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images or calendar)
Photo and/or Movie Slide Shows
with Playback Zoom
Playback Zoom Cropping
Photo and/or video slide shows
- USB: Type C USB connector (SuperSpeed USB); connection to built-in USB port is recommended
Type D HDMI
connector; Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter; plug-in power supported)
- Wi-Fi Functionality
- Standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n (Africa, Asia, Bolivia, and Oceania)
Standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n/a/ac (Europe,
U.S.A., Canada, Mexico)
Standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n/a (other countries in the Americas)
frequency: 2412-2462 MHz (channel 11; Africa, Asia, Bolivia, and Oceania)
Operating frequency: 2412-2462 MHz
(channel 11) and 5180-5805 MHz (other countries in the Americas)
- Wi-Fi Functionality (Contd.)
- Operating frequency: 2412-2462 MHz (channel 11) and 5180-5825 MHz (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico)
Open system, WPA2-PSK
Maximum output power (EIRP):
2.4 GHz band: 4.5 dBm
5 GHz band: 6.8 dBm (countries
in the Americas)
- Smart Device App Connectivity
- Communication protocols: Bluetooth Specification
Operating frequency: Bluetooth: 2402-2480
Bluetooth Low Energy: 2402-2480 MHz
Maximum output power (EIRP)
Bluetooth -1.0 dBm
Energy: -2.5 dBm
- Supported Languages
- Battery / Batteries
- One EN-EL25 rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Battery Life (shots per charge)
- 330 shots (CIPA)
Movies: Approx. 75 min. of movie recording
- AC Adapter
- EH-7P charging AC adapter (available separately)
- Battery Charger
- MH-32 Battery Charger (available separately)
- Battery Info
- Required, included
- Battery Material
- Lithium ion
- Battery Type
- Battery Quantity
- Tripod Socket
- 1/4 in. (ISO 1222)
- Operating Environment
- Temperature: +32 Degree F-104 Degree F (0 Degree C-40 Degree C)
Humidity: Less than 85% (no condensation)
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 5.1 x 2.9 x 2.4" (128 x 73.5 x 59.5mm)
- Approx. 12.4 oz (350g)
NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens
- Focal Length
- 16 to 50mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 75mm)
- Maximum Aperture
- f/3.5 to 6.3
- Minimum Aperture
- Lens Mount
- Nikon Z
- Format Compatibility
- Angle of View
- 83 Degree to 31 Degree 30'
- Maximum Magnification
- Minimum Focus Distance
- 7.87" (20cm)
- Optical Design
- 9 Elements in 7 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades
- 7, Rounded
- Focus Type
- Image Stabilization
- Filter Size
- 46mm (Front)
- Dimensions (Diameter x L)
- 2.8 x 1.3" (70 x 32mm)
- 4.8 oz (135g)
- 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K30p and Full HD 120p Video
- Live Stream at 60p, In-Camera Time-Lapse
- Vlogging-Optimized Design
- Hybrid AF with Eye and Face Detection
- 3" 1.04m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- ISO 100-51200, Up to 11 fps Shooting
- Built-In Stereo Mic, Ext. Mic Compatible
- Tally Lamp & Dedicated Selfie Controls
- NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens
Nikon Z30 Mirrorless Camera
- Nikon EN-EL25 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (7.6V, 1120mAh)
- Nikon UC-E24 USB Cable
- Nikon AN-DC25 Strap
- Nikon BF-N1 Body Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens (Black)
- Nikon LC-46B 46mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap
- Nikon LF-N1 Rear Lens Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty