Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Overview
Combining a comfortable wide-angle design with an ultra-fast maximum aperture, the 16mm f/1.4 DC DN is part of Sigma's Contemporary series of lenses and designed for use with APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Characterized by its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture, this lens is adept at working in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for selective focus control. The optical design makes use of several low dispersion and aspherical elements, which control color fringing and various aberrations in order to provide high sharpness and clarity throughout the aperture range. Individual elements also feature a super multilayered coating to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions. Benefitting the optical assets, this lens also sports a stepping AF motor for quick, quiet, and smooth focusing performance that suits both still photography as well as video applications.
As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for achieving selective focus effects.
- Two special low dispersion (SLD) elements and three F low dispersion (FLD) elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements are used to limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A super multilayered coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- A stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise, and near-silent performance.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass to ensure accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing in the mount design renders it dust and splash resistant.
- Lens Type
- Wide Angle
- Lens Mount
- Sony E
- Format Compatibility
- Focus Type
- Auto Focus
- Closest Focus Distance
- 9.8" (25cm)
- Focal Length
- Angle of View
- 83.2 Degree
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length
- Maximum Aperture
- Minimum Aperture
- Maximum Magnification
- Filter Size
- Image Stabilization
- Lens Elements / Groups
- 16 elements in 13 groups
- Diaphragm Blades
- 9 (Rounded diaphragm)
- Dimensions (Diameter x L)
- 2.8 x 3.6" (72.2 x 92.3mm)
- 14.3 oz (405g)
APS-C | f/1.4 to f/16
24mm (Full-Frame Equivalent)
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Stepping Motor AF System
Super Multi-Layer Coating
Two Aspherical Elements
Two SLD Elements, Three FLD Elements
- Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens (Sony E)
- Sigma LCF-67 III 67mm Lens Cap
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap for Sony E
- Sigma Lens Hood for 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens
- Limited 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Registration Extension: 3-Year (US Only)