Sigma 28mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Overview
A favored wide-angle prime, the Sigma 28mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens is a versatile lens with a classic broad field of view that suits everything from street shooting to landscape photography. Impressively bright, the fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is ideal for working in low-light conditions and also offers greater control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. An advanced optical design is employed, which uses both low dispersion glass and aspherical elements to reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations for greater clarity and sharpness. A Super Multi-Layer Coating is also featured, and suppresses ghosting and flare for improved contrast and color accuracy.
In addition to its optical merits, this 28mm f/1.4 also sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. The physical design features a brass bayonet mount, which offers rigidity and mounting precision along with a seal to guard against dust and moisture. Additionally, a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E mirrorless cameras, however is also suitable for use with APS-C models where it provides a 44.8mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) and three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contributes to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Protective coating has been applied to the front element and is both water and oil-repellent to aid in cleaning.
- Lens Series
- Sigma DG, ART
- Lens Type
- Wide Angle
- Lens Mount
- Sony E
- Format Compatibility
- Full Frame
- Focus Type
- Auto Focus
- Focusing Technology
- Closest Focus Distance
- 11" / 28cm
- Distance Information
- Built-In Motor
- Focal Length
- Angle Of View
- 75.4 deg.
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length
- Not Applicable
- Minimum Aperture
- Maximum Aperture
- Maximum Magnification
- Lens Coating
- Aspherical Elements
- ED Glass Elements
- Filter Size
- Lens Elements / Groups
- 17 Elements / 12 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades
- 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- 82.8mm x 107.7mm / 3.3in. x 4.2in
- Image Stabilization Type
- Tripod Collar
- Waterproof / Water Resistant
- Splash-proof structure
- Dust Resistant
Full-Frame Format | f/1.4 to f/16
Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
Weather-Sealed, Protective Front Coating
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Sigma 28mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens
- Sigma LCF-77 III 77mm Lens Cap
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap
- Sigma Lens Hood for 28mm f/1.4 Art DG HSM Lens
- Lens Case