Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Overview
A fast, versatile prime, this 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens from Sigma is designed for use with APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The bright f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords extensive control over depth of field for using selective focus techniques. The optical design features a pair of aspherical elements, along with one high-refractive index element, which significantly reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for increased clarity and definition for notably sharp image quality. Also, a Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to control lens flare and ghosting in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, benefitting both stills shooting and video recording, this compact prime also incorporates a stepping AF motor for smooth, near-silent autofocus performance.
As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Normal-length prime is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 45mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for achieving selective focus effects.
- Two aspherical elements and one high-refractive index element are used to limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- A stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise, and near-silent performance.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- Lens Type
- Format Compatibility
- Focus Type
- Auto Focus
- Closest Focus Distance
- 11.81" (30cm)
- Focal Length
- Angle of View
- 50.7 Degree
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length
- Maximum Aperture
- Minimum Aperture
- Maximum Magnification
- Filter Size
- Image Stabilization
- Lens Elements / Groups
- 9 elements in 7 groups
- Diaphragm Blades
- 9 (Rounded diaphragm)
- Dimensions (Diameter x L)
- 2.55 x 2.89" (64.8 x 73.3mm)
- 9.35 oz (265g)
APS-C | f/1.4 to f/16
45mm (Full-Frame Equivalent)
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Stepping Motor AF System
Super Multi-Layer Coating
Two Aspherical Elements
One High-Refractive Index Element
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens (Sony E)
- Sigma LCF-52 III 52mm Lens Cap
- Sigma LCR II Rear Lens Cap for Sony E
- Sigma Lens Hood for 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens