Sony a6400 Mirrorless Camera: Grab the Best of Life
The Sony a6400 is a stylish APS-C-format mirrorless camera with well-rounded photo and video capabilities. It has a solid design and appropriate performance to support creativity. This camera is the perfect companion for shooting your everyday moments and once-in-a-lifetime adventures thanks to a tried-and-true sensor design, quick and accurate AF performance, and smart operability.
24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Processor
The 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor achieves a smooth, nuanced image quality with less noise and great sensitivity from ISO 100-32000, which can be further enhanced to ISO 102400 for working in low light. The sensor has a distinctive design that makes use of thin copper wiring, improved circuit processing, and an improved front-end LSI to raise readout rates, decrease noise, and improve light-gathering capabilities for video recording. The sensor and BIONZ X processing combination also allows for 14-bit raw file output for a broad tone and colour spectrum and a peak continuous shooting rate of 11 fps with AF and AE, or up to 8 fps with a quiet shutter.
UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
- Internal UHD 4K video recording is supported at various frame rates up to 30 frames per second using the entire sensor's width and an 8-bit 4:2:0 colour sampling scheme using the 100Mbps XAVC S codec.
- Additionally, for more information, oversampled 4K recording is available, which uses a 6K capture region inside the Super 35 area. Pixel binning is not used in this complete pixel readout, resulting in higher-quality imagery with less moiré and aliasing.
- The ZV-E10 offers consumers a wide range of configurable colour and gamma adjustments, allowing them to change the gamma, black level, knee, colour level, and more. Use the S-Log2 Gamma Curve, which packs up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video stream than the conventional Rec. 709, found on high-end Sony Cinema cameras, for greater post-production versatility. Along with the BT.2020 colour space, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available for recording within a broad colour gamut. Additionally, S-Log2 and S-Log3 are both available for providing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with improved grading flexibility in the image's shadow and midtone areas.
- Uncompressed HDMI output permits the use of an optional external recorder for clear 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling in addition to high-resolution internal recording.
- When using Imaging Edge software to make time-lapse videos, interval shooting mode is perfect. Up to 9999 consecutive frames can be recorded at intervals between 1 and 60 seconds.
- By capturing a frame grab from a video and saving it as a separate file, 4K video recording also makes it possible to create 8MP stills as the film is being played back.
- The Slow & Quick (S&Q) mode enables shooters to record Full HD video at preset intervals between 1 and 120 frames per second. You can use these parameters to both speed up a scenario that is moving slowly and to slow down movement.
- A strong 4D FOCUS system that nearly covers the full sensor surface uses 425 on-chip phase-detection points and 425 contrast-detection areas to provide fine focusing in as low as 0.02 seconds. High-density Tracking AF Technology, which is skilled at tracking moving targets in a variety of lighting settings, is made possible by the hybrid AF system's density of focusing points.
- Real-time Eye AF, which is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes and for both still images and video, can be used to focus on the eyes of recognised human subjects when taking portraits.
- With any focusing mode while taking still photos of animals, eye AF can also be employed.
- Through the use of a customizable frame that is placed over the desired moving subject, Lock-on AF keeps focus on moving subjects.
- When one focus point loses focus, Expand Flexible Spot uses other focus points to keep track of moving objects.
- When honing in on intricate subject details, the Focus Magnifier function can be employed for critical focus.
- Touch Focus and Touch Tracking controls are available on the rear touchscreen, and a Touchpad Focus Control mode enables easy usage of the rear screen while maintaining eye contact with the viewfinder.
- The a6400 comes with autofocus as well as a Peaking MF mode to aid manual focus control by highlighting sharp contrast edges for a more objective method of obtaining sharp focus.
Body Design and Connectivity
- Tru-Finder 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a bright, high-resolution means for eye-level monitoring.
- A 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen can be tilted 180° upward or 74° downward to suit working from high and low angles. The screen also incorporates White Magic technology with an RGBW pixel structure for increased brightness to support use in daylight conditions.
- The touchscreen design avails access to Touch Focus control, for immediate focus point selection, as well as a Touchpad function which lets you smoothly and intuitively select a focus point on the screen while you're looking into the viewfinder.
- Integrated 3.5mm microphone ports afford greater control over audio during video recording.
- The included NP-FW50 rechargeable lithium-ion is rated for approximately 410 shots per charge when working with the LCD screen or 360 shots when using the viewfinder.
- In addition to the battery, the a6400 can also be powered via a USB connection to a computer or mobile battery. This connection can also be used to charge the battery.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a6400 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
Lightweight and Stabilized Versatility
The Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS is a flexible 27-202.5mm equivalent zoom for APS-C-format E-mount mirrorless cameras, covering a useful wide-angle to medium telephoto range. This versatile zoom lens is perfect for travel applications because of its well-rounded design. Image stabilisation reduces the impression of camera shake for better imagery when shooting handheld.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element helps to control distortion and reduce spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Image Stabilization and Autofocus
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Linear autofocus motor provides quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dedicated AF/MF switch allows for quick changing between focusing methods.
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.5', along with a maximum magnification of 0.29x, suits working with close-up subjects.
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor
- Real-Time Eye AF & Real-Time Tracking
- XGA Tru-Finder 2.36m-Dot OLED EVF
- 3.0" 921.6k-Dot 180° Tilting Touchscreen
- Internal UHD 4K Video, S-Log3, and HLG
- S&Q Motion in Full HD from 1-120 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- 425 Phase- & Contrast-Detect AF Points
- Up to 11 fps Shooting and ISO 102,400
- E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
Sony a6400 Mirrorless Camera
- Sony NP-FW50 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery (1020mAh)
- Sony AC Adapter
- Sony ALC-B1EM Body Cap for E-Mount Cameras
- Micro-USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Accessory Shoe Cap
Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
- Sony ALC-F55S 55mm Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-SH153 Lens Hood