The Nikon Z5 Mirrorless Camera with 24-70mm f/4 Lens Kit from includes the stylish full-frame mirrorless body and NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S standard zoom lens, making it a perfect beginner kit.
Nikon Z5 Mirrorless Camera
The Nikon Z5 is an FX-format mirrorless camera that is small and powerful. It has a well-rounded feature set to meet both photo and video needs. It offers wide sensitivity to ISO 51200, rapid shooting with 4.5 fps, and UHD 4K video at 30 fps thanks to its 24.3MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 CPU.
The advanced autofocus system, which has 273 customizable points and is a hybrid focusing system that employs both phase-detection and contrast-detection technologies, further translates the imaging capabilities into proficient subject tracking and high-speed, accurate focusing. While Eye Detection offers greater accuracy and is more useful for portrait photographers working with either human or animal subjects, Face Detection may be utilised in both stills and video modes.
A stylish but adaptable physical design that includes a magnesium alloy chassis with a weather-sealed construction to suit working in inclement weather goes hand in hand with the sensor and processor. A rear 3.2" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD allows for working from high and low angles, while a high-resolution 3.6m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder enables high-res eye-level viewing. Additionally, for simple sharing, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth integrate with the Nikon SnapBridge software to provide wireless photo and video transfers as well as remote camera control from your mobile device.
24.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processor
The EXPEED 6 image engine is combined with the full-frame, FX-format 24.3MP CMOS sensor to offer a flexible blend of high sensitivity, nuanced image quality, and quick overall performance. Working in a variety of lighting circumstances is made possible by the natural sensitivity range of ISO 100-51200, which can be increased to ISO 102400 for extremely low light situations. Additionally, the combination of resolution and sensor size results in clear image quality, seamless colour transitions, and less noise across the whole sensitivity range. The EXPEED 6 processor not only improves image quality, but it also grants useful speed throughout the entire camera system, including a high full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 4.5 fps and the capacity to snap 8MP when recording video.
In addition to image capabilities, the sensor's architecture includes a 273-point hybrid autofocus system that employs both phase-detection and contrast-detection techniques to rapidly and precisely acquire focus for both stills and video applications. This focusing technology offers Face Detection for both stills and video, for both people and animals, and Eye Detection AF, which employs facial recognition to help lock focus onto subjects' eyes.
UHD 4K Video Recording
The Z5 can record UHD 4K video at up to 30 frames per second and Full HD video at up to 60 frames per second. Movie files can be saved to in-camera memory cards or an optional external recorder via HDMI out. In comparison to Full HD recording, UHD 4K recording uses a 1.7x crop of the centre of the frame. Additionally, because a final UHD 4K video clip may be created immediately from the camera, in-camera time-lapse photography is also conceivable.
Sensor-Shift Vibration Reduction
Regardless of the lens being used, the body is equipped with a 5-axis sensor-shift vibration reduction (VR) mechanism that can compensate for up to five stops of stabilization. When using the optional FTZ Adapter and 3-axis stabilization, this system also functions with adapted lenses. Electronic VR is another tool that helps video recording because it keeps the footage steady for handheld shooting.
Body Design and Connectivity
- A large 3.2" 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to suit working from high and low angles and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.69m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing.
- Dual SD memory cards slots both support up to the UHS-II protocol for high-speed and efficient photo and video file saving.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL15c rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 470 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported via USB, even when the camera is in use. Additionally, it is also compatible with optional MB-N10 multi-battery power pack for extended shooting times.
Other Camera Features
- Creative Picture Controls: Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, and Carbon.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you combine several exposures into one frame for creative effects.
- Focus Shift mode automatically takes a series of up to 300 sequential images while advancing the focus position in each shot. These images can then be stacked into a single image with extended depth of field, making it ideal for close-up shooting of smaller objects as well as for landscapes and other still subjects.
- Language support: English, French, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish.
Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S Lens
The NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S is a flexible zoom that can capture images from wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives with a useful variety of focal lengths. Its continuous f/4 maximum aperture helps to create a more portable and compact alternative to an f/2.8 zoom while also maintaining a consistent exposure across the zoom range. Three aspherical elements and a special aspherical extra-low dispersion element are employed in the optical design to help produce great image sharpness and clarity by minimising chromatic aberrations and distortions across the zoom range. Super Integrated Coatings and Nano Crystal have both been used to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour reproduction in backlit and bright environments.
In addition to the optics, a stepping motor offers full-time manual focus override and rapid, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance to accommodate stills and video applications. One may programme a control ring to modify a range of camera and exposure settings with ease. The lens also incorporates a button-free retractable barrel that allows it to retract into a smaller size when not in use.
- Standard zoom covers a wide-angle to portrait-length range and is designed for FX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also contributes to the relatively lightweight design and compact form factor.
- A unique aspherical extra-low dispersion element is incorporated into the optical design, along with three additional aspherical elements, to greatly reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations, distortion, coma (comatic aberration), and flare for consistent edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus, but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Exposed elements feature a fluorine coating that affords protection to the optical system against dust, grease, and water droplets.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions.
- Button-less retractable design maintains a compact form factor when the lens is not in use.