Nikon Z5 Mirrorless Camera with NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 Lens
High-Resolution Photo and Video
The Nikon Z5 is an FX-format mirrorless camera that is small and powerful. It has a well-rounded feature set to meet both photo and video needs. It offers wide sensitivity to ISO 51200, rapid shooting with 4.5 fps, and UHD 4K video at 30 fps thanks to its 24.3MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 CPU. A stylish but adaptable physical design that comprises a magnesium alloy chassis with a weather-sealed construction to suit operating in bad weather goes hand in hand with the sensor and CPU. A back 3.2" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD allows for working from high and low angles, while a high-resolution 3.6m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder enables high-res eye-level viewing. Additionally, for simple sharing, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth integrate with the Nikon SnapBridge software to provide wireless photo and video transfers as well as remote camera control from your mobile device.
24.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processor
The EXPEED 6 image engine is combined with the full-frame, FX-format 24.3MP CMOS sensor to offer a flexible blend of high sensitivity, nuanced image quality, and quick overall performance. Working in a variety of lighting circumstances is made possible by the natural sensitivity range of ISO 100-51200, which can be increased to ISO 102400 for extremely low light situations. Additionally, the combination of resolution and sensor size results in clear image quality, seamless colour transitions, and less noise across the whole sensitivity range. The EXPEED 6 processor not only improves image quality, but it also grants useful speed throughout the entire camera system, including a high full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 4.5 fps and the capacity to snap 8MP when recording video.
In addition to image capabilities, the sensor's architecture includes a 273-point hybrid autofocus system that employs both phase-detection and contrast-detection techniques to rapidly and precisely acquire focus for both stills and video applications. This focusing technology offers Face Detection for both stills and video, for both people and animals, and Eye Detection AF, which employs facial recognition to help lock focus onto subjects' eyes.
UHD 4K Video Recording
The Z5 can capture UHD 4K video at up to 30 frames per second and Full HD video at up to 60 frames per second. Movie files can be saved to in-camera memory cards or an optional external recorder via HDMI out. In comparison to Full HD recording, UHD 4K recording uses a 1.7x crop of the centre of the frame. Additionally, because a final UHD 4K video clip may be created immediately from the camera, in-camera time-lapse photography is also conceivable.
Sensor-Shift Vibration Reduction
Regardless of the lens being used, the body is equipped with a 5-axis sensor-shift vibration reduction (VR) mechanism that can correct for up to five stops of stabilisation. When using the optional FTZ Adapter and 3-axis stabilisation, this system also functions with adapted lenses. Electronic VR is another tool that helps video recording since it keeps the footage steady for handheld shooting.
Body Design and Connectivity
- A large 3.2" 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to suit working from high and low angles and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.69m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing.
- Dual SD memory cards slots both support up to the UHS-II protocol for high-speed and efficient photo and video file saving.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL15c rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 470 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported via USB, even when the camera is in use. Additionally, it is also compatible with optional MB-N10 multi-battery power pack for extended shooting times.
Other Camera Features
- Creative Picture Controls: Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, and Carbon.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you combine several exposures into one frame for creative effects.
- Focus Shift mode automatically takes a series of up to 300 sequential images while advancing the focus position in each shot. These images can then be stacked into a single image with extended depth of field, making it ideal for close-up shooting of smaller objects as well as for landscapes and other still subjects.
- Language support: English, French, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish.
NIKON NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 Lens
The Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 is a small standard zoom that offers a broad range and wide-angle to regular focal lengths. The small form factor that is appropriate for walkaround and travel shooting applications is made possible by the retractable architecture of the device. Stepping motors offer full-time manual focus override and rapid, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance for both stills and video applications. Three aspherical elements and two low dispersion elements are used in its optical design to assist manage a variety of aberrations for great sharpness and clarity. Additionally, a Super Integrated Coating is included to reduce flare and produce excellent colour and contrast accuracy. The lens has a programmable control ring that may be used to modify various camera and exposure settings with ease.
- Standard zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with DX models where it provides a 36-75mm equivalent focal length range.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet, and fast autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications.
- Retractable design maintains a sleek 2.9"-long form factor when the lens is not in use, making it well-suited for travel applications.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions.